Learn how to draw a great looking Chibi Unicorn with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Chibi Unicorn.
"There can, we think, be little doubt that the unicorn exists in Africa not far north of the Cape of Good Hope, and perhaps, at some distant period it may be as well known as the elephant or the hippopotamus is at present."
- "Mammalia," Encyclopaedia Britannica, 4th Edition, 1801-1809
The unicorn is a mythical creature, usually depicted as a horse (or sometimes a goat) with a spiral horn on its forehead.
Did you know? Scientists and laymen alike once believed in the unicorn.
During the Middle Ages, religious iconography often included unicorns due to the translation of the Hebrew re'em as "unicorn" in some bibles. This animal is now identified as the wild ox.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
"Scientific" descriptions of living and fossil specimens also surfaced. Many of these are linked to the rhinoceros or the narwhal, a whale whose long tusk resembles the spiral horn of unicorn legend.
Would you like to draw a cute cartoon unicorn? This easy, step-by-step chibi cartoon drawing tutorial is here to show you how.
All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper.
You will also want to use brightly colored markers, crayons, colored pencils, or paints to bring your creation to life!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Chibi Unicorn
How to Draw a Great Looking Chibi Unicorn for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle. This will help you to craft the unicorn's head.
Easy Chibi Unicorn Drawing - Step 2
2. Erase a portion of the circle. Use a long, curved line to fill the gap, forming the muzzle or snout. Use two short, curved lines to draw the smiling mouth.
Easy Chibi Unicorn Drawing - Step 3
3. Erase the circle at the back of the head. Extend the bottom of the circle using a short line to form the jaw. At the top of the head, draw the ear. Use three curved lines that meet at a gentle point. Then, use a long curved line to draw the neck.
Easy Chibi Unicorn Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the unicorn's flowing mane. For each strand of the mane, use a pair of long, curved lines that meet at a point. Use a curved line, doubled back upon itself, to form the horn emerging from the mane. Then, draw diagonal curved lines encircling the horn.
Easy Chibi Unicorn Drawing - Step 5
5. Continue drawing the mane down the back of the neck. For each strand, use pairs of curved lines that meet at points. Give the mane the texture of hair using short curved lines.
Easy Chibi Unicorn Drawing - Step 6
6. Sketch the unicorn's body. Use a long, curved line for the back, rump, and back of the rear leg. Double the line back upon itself to complete the leg, noting the curved square shape that is the hoof. Draw another curved line to form the belly. Double a line back upon itself to form the remaining rear leg. Define the hooves by drawing a short line across the bottom of each leg.
Easy Chibi Unicorn Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the front legs, enclosing the outline of the body in the process. For each leg, use a long, curved line, and double it back upon itself. Notice how the hooves are squared at the end. Band each with a curved line.
Add More Details to Your Chibi Unicorn Picture - Step 8
8. Use overlapping curved lines, including spirals, to enclose the tail. Provide the texture of hair using curved lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Chibi Unicorn Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail the horse's face. Draw a small circle for the nostril and a large circle for the eye. Draw a number of smaller circles within the eye, and shade one to indicate the pupil. Use short curved lines to draw the eyelashes.
Color Your Chibi Unicorn Drawing
Color your cartoon unicorn. Be creative - the rainbow is your palette!
Want more? See all anime for beginners tutorials.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Chibi Unicorn Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).