Learn how to draw a great looking Tiger Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Tiger Face.
Have you ever seen someone wear a jacket or a tattoo of a tiger face? Tigers are highly symbolic, both in the countries where they live and around the world. You can add a tiger face drawing to your next project.
Tiger faces may seem difficult to draw because of the intricate striped pattern. But this step-by-step drawing tutorial makes the task easy.
Simply look for the new lines highlighted in blue in each step, and add them to your drawing.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Tiger Face
How to Draw a Great Looking Tiger Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the tiger's face outline by drawing its penetrating eyes. First, use curved lines to enclose the successively smaller half-circle shapes. Draw a circle inside the smallest and shade around it.
Then, use thick lines to draw the stripes above and below the eyes, and smaller lines at the corners of the eyes and in the furrow between them.
Easy Tiger Face Drawing - Step 2
2. Next, draw the tiger’s nose. Use curved lines to outline the nose and the rounded “W” shaped lips beneath it. Contour the nose with short curved lines and enclose small triangular teeth below the lips.
Easy Tiger Face Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw wavy lines across the tiger’s lips. Then use a series of curved lines that meet at jagged points to enclose its furry cheeks and chin. Detail the chin with intersecting curved lines.
Easy Tiger Face Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the sides of the face, using a series of curved lines that meet at jagged points.
Easy Tiger Face Drawing - Step 5
5. Use “C” shaped lines to draw the ears. Connect them with a curved line, fully enclosing the head. Use a curved line and a zig-zag line to detail inside each ear.
Easy Tiger Face Drawing - Step 6
6. Use thick curved lines that intersect and form scalloped lines to begin drawing stripes on the tiger’s face, between the eyes and mouth.
Easy Tiger Face Drawing - Step 7
7. Continue drawing layers of scalloped stripes on the sides of the tiger’s face. Texture the fur ruff with short lines.
Add More Details to Your Tiger Face Picture - Step 8
8. Draw an arrow-shaped line above the nose. Then use “M,” “V,” and “Y” shaped lines to draw the stripes on the tiger’s forehead.
Complete the Outline of Your Tiger Face Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a few more thick stripes along the tiger’s forehead.
Color Your Tiger Face Drawing
Your tiger face outline is now complete. Color your cartoon tiger. Some tigers are white with grey and white stripes. Others are orange with black stripes, and a white ruff around the face.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Tiger Face Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).