Learn how to draw a great looking Tiger with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Tiger.
What is your favorite animal? Many people favor the majestic tiger. You can learn how to draw a tiger with the help of this easy, step-by-step animal drawing tutorial.
Tigers live only in a small portion of the world, but they are universally recognized and loved for their immense size and beautiful striped coats. In this tutorial, you will use curved lines to sketch the tiger and its stripes.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The tiger in this illustration resembles Rajah from Disney's Aladdin. You can learn how to draw Jasmine, his friend, here.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Tiger
How to Draw a Great Looking Tiger for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon tiger outline by sketching the tiger's face. Use curved lines that meet at jagged points to outline its furry rough. Then draw its eyes, nose, mouth, whiskers, and teeth using curved lines.
Easy Tiger Drawing - Step 2
2. Sketch the ears and top of the head using curved lines. Use lines that meet at jagged points to draw the cat's furry shoulders.
Easy Tiger Drawing - Step 3
3. Extend the line of the shoulder to encompass the back and rump.
Easy Tiger Drawing - Step 4
4. Use overlapping curved lines to draw the tiger's hip, leg, and paw.
Easy Tiger Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the front leg of the tiger using overlapping curved lines. Notice the tuft of fur at the elbow, indicated by short lines that meet at jagged points.
Easy Tiger Drawing - Step 6
6. Use overlapping curved lines to draw the remaining front leg and paw, and to indicate the belly and remaining read leg and paw.
Easy Tiger Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the tiger's long tail. Extend a pair of "S" shaped curved lines from the rump, and allow the parallel lines to connect at a rounded tip.
Add More Details to Your Tiger Picture - Step 8
8. Without its stripes, a tiger is just a lion! Begin sketching the stripes on the ears, face, shoulders, and forelegs. Use thick curved lines for some of the stripes.
For others, use pairs of lines to enclose pointed shapes and shade between them.
Complete the Outline of Your Tiger Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw and shade more stripes on the tiger's back, hip, and tail. Color in the tip of the tail.
Color Your Tiger Drawing
Your cartoon tiger outline is now complete. Color your tiger. Many tigers are orange with black stripes and white markings on their face, chest, and paws. Other tigers are solid white with black stripes.
Tiger's eyes are typically yellow or amber in color.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Tiger Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).