Learn how to draw a great looking Baby Fox with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Baby Fox drawing.
What does the fox say? This question was asked in a viral Youtube music video that debuted in 2013. Interestingly, the fox does, in fact, make a sound. The female fox has a haunting call that has been likened to a scream. Foxes can also bark, howl, growl, or yip.
Foxes are a member of the dog family. Different species live all over the world, from the long-eared, desert-dwelling fennec fox, to the solid white Arctic fox. The red fox, pictured in this tutorial, is the most widespread.
Foxes have long been featured in folklore and mythology. They were known for cunning and as tricksters. Children's movies have also featured many fox characters. One example is Disney's animated film, The Fox and the Hound(1981). Another is the scheming fox from Pinocchio (1940).
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw an adorable baby fox? Or does it look like a chibi fox to you? This easy, step-by-step animal drawing guide is here to show you how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished chibi fox.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Baby Fox
How to Draw a Great Looking Baby Fox for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing the chibi fox's head. Draw a curved line for the top of the head. At each end of the line, draw short lines that meet at jagged points. These form ruffs of fur on the fox's cheeks. Connect the ruffs using a curved line, enclosing the chibi fox's head.
Easy Baby Fox Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the ears. Enclose a curved triangle on each side of the fox's head. Erase guide lines to open the head up into the ears. Then, draw an upside down heart in each ear to detail the inner ear.
Easy Baby Fox Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw an irregular oval near the bottom of the face to form the nose. Draw smaller ovals within it to indicate shininess. Then, draw a vertical line from the nose to the bottom of the face, indicating the mouth.
Easy Baby Fox Drawing - Step 4
4. Use a long, curved line to enclose an irregular shaped body.
Easy Baby Fox Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the rear leg, erasing guide lines as necessary. Outline the crouching leg using a "C" shaped line. Then, use curved lines to enclose the foot and toes.
Easy Baby Fox Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the forelegs, erasing guide lines as necessary. Extend a pair of lines from the torso, and use "U" shaped lines to enclose the foot and toes. Repeat on the second foot. Then, use curved lines to outline the underbelly.
Easy Baby Fox Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the chibi fox's tail. Use two long, curved lines, and allow them to meet at a sharp point. Band the tip of the tail with a zig zag line.
Add More Details to Your Baby Fox Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the fox's eyes. Begin each eye by drawing a large circle. Within each circle, draw two smaller rounded shapes. Draw the corner of the eye using two curved lines that meet at a point. On the opposite side, draw short, curved lines to indicate eyelashes.
Complete the Outline of Your Baby Fox Drawing - Step 9
9. Finish detailing your fox. Band the foreleg with a zig zag line. Draw curved lines from the nose to the sides of the face, and enclose pointed, curved shapes to indicate the eyebrows. Finally, draw curved lines beneath the nose to indicate the whiskers.
Color Your Baby Fox Drawing
Color your fox. The red fox is typically orange or reddish in color with white and black markings. Other foxes may be grey, silver, brown, tan, solid white, or solid black.
Make it a family affair and check out our other foxy drawing guides.
Baby Fox Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).