Learn how to draw a great looking Baby Tiger with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Baby Tiger.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
According to some surveys, the tiger is most commonly cited as a favorite animal. It is the largest cat on earth, ranging through Russia, North Korea, India, China, and other parts of Asia.
Tigers are unique among big cats for several reasons. One, they actually like water. Yes, tigers like to go for a swim!
Two, tigers often live in cold and snowy areas unsuited to lions, jaguars, and other cats.
Tigers have been the stuff of myth and legend since antiquity. The tiger is one of twelve animals of the Chinese Zodiac.
In Buddhism, it represents anger. In Korean myth, it is a guardian that brings good fortune.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
In the modern mythology of television, the tiger also plays a role. In Disney animated films, tigers such as Raja (Aladin) and Shere Khan (The Jungle Book) play both friend and foe.
Other film and television tigers include Daniel Tiger (Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood), Tony the Tiger, and Tigger (Winnie the Pooh).
Would you like to draw a ferociously adorable baby tiger? This easy, step-by-step animal drawing guide will show you how.
All you will need is a pen, pencil, or marker and a sheet of paper. You may also want to color your finished tiger.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Lion Head, Raccoon, and Cartoon Tiger.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Baby Tiger
How to Draw a Great Looking Baby Tiger for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Sketch the rounded shape of the tiger's head. Note the bulge of the chin and cheeks. At the top of the head, include a few short lines that meet at sharp points. These indicate a tuft of fur.
Easy Baby Tiger Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the tiger's face. Sketch egg-shaped ovals for the eyes. Use overlapping "U" shaped lines to form the snout and upper portions of the mouth. Draw a line across the snout to indicate the nose, and between the mouth portions to form the lower jaw. Add dimension with a short line across the chin.
Easy Baby Tiger Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the tiger's ears. use a long, curved line to enclose the shape of each ear. Then, demarcate the front using a curved line. Use additional curved lines to shade the inner ear.
Easy Baby Tiger Drawing - Step 4
4. Sketch the chest using a series of curved lines. Draw the leg using a pair of long, curved lines. Use overlapping "U" shaped lines to enclose the paw and form the toes. Note the short, curved line on the tip of each toe, indicating the claws.
Easy Baby Tiger Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the front of the remaining foreleg using a curved line, and enclose the toes with overlapping "U" shaped lines. Draw a short line on the tip of each toe to indicate the claws.
Easy Baby Tiger Drawing - Step 6
6. Use a long, spiraled line to form the back and rear hip.
Easy Baby Tiger Drawing - Step 7
7. Enclose several overlapping, rounded shapes beneath the hip to form the rear paw. Draw a short line at the tip of each toe to indicate the claws.
Add More Details to Your Baby Tiger Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a long, curved line extending from the hip, and double it back upon itself to form the tail. Draw stripes of different lengths all over the body, legs, and tail. For each stripe, draw two curved lines and allow them to meet at a sharp point.
Complete the Outline of Your Baby Tiger Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail the tiger's face. Draw curved lines from the mouth to the side of the face, and dots upon the upper portions of the mouth. Draw pointed stripes using curved lines. For each eye, draw a large circle with smaller, overlapping circles and ovals inside it.
Color Your Baby Tiger Drawing
Color your tiger cub. Most tigers are either orange or white with black stripes.
Among our animal drawing guides, you can find fully-grown tigers to care for this cub.
For more great Cat drawing tutorials, see the 25 Easy Cat Art Projects for Kids post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Baby Tiger Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).