Learn how to draw a great looking Beagle with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Beagle.
Do you love your furry friend? You can sketch your dog's portrait when you learn how to draw a beagle.
Beagles are small hound dogs. They are hunting dogs that were first bred in the UK. They may have arrived there with Roman soldiers almost 2,000 years ago. Their name may come from a word meaning "little" or from the sound of the dog's bugling bark.
Beagles are energetic, affectionate, and well-known for their keen sense of smell. In fact, beagles are often used by law enforcement to sniff out prohibited items at airports.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Snoopy is perhaps the famous cartoon beagle. He was inspired by the artist's childhood pet.
If you enjoy this tutorial, check out this cute beagle puppy.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Beagle
How to Draw a Great Looking Beagle for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the beagle outline by drawing the dog's face. Use a round shape for the nose, with spiral lines for the nostrils. Use curved lines that don't quite meet at the corners to form the eyes. Shade a large circle inside each eye, and draw a short line above it.
Easy Beagle Drawing - Step 2
2. Outline the face of the cartoon beagle using overlapping curved lines - The side of the face, the jowls or lips on each side of the nose, and the lower jaw.
Easy Beagle Drawing - Step 3
3. Use long, curved lines to draw the dog's ears. Notice how one line doubles back upon itself.
Easy Beagle Drawing - Step 4
4. Finish the remaining ear with a long, curved line. Then, use shorter curved lines to begin the dog's chest and shoulder, and to outline the pattern of his face above the eyes and nose.
Easy Beagle Drawing - Step 5
5. Use overlapping curved lines to draw the dog's chest, belly, foreleg, paw, and toes.
Easy Beagle Drawing - Step 6
6. Use a long, curved line to draw the belly and the front of the rear leg. Sketch the toes using overlapping curved lines. Extend the line of the final toe to form the back of the leg.
Easy Beagle Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the remaining foreleg. Use long curved lines for the sides of the legs and short, overlapping lines for the toes. Extend the line of the rear leg to outline the dog's hip.
Add More Details to Your Beagle Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a long curved line from the shoulder to form the dog's back. Sketch the final leg, using long curved lines for the sides and short, overlapping lines for the toes.
Complete the Outline of Your Beagle Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your beagle outline by drawing his tail and spots. For the tail, extend a long curved line from the rump and double it back upon itself. Use curved lines to band the tip of the tail and indicate spots and patches on the dog's body.
Color Your Beagle Drawing
Color your cartoon beagle. This breed of dog usually had white markings on its face, belly, legs, and tail, with its upper body and spots in various shades of brown.
For more great dog drawing tutorials, see the collection of Easy Dog Drawings for Kids.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Beagle Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).