Learn how to draw a great looking Black Anime Girl with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Black Anime Girl.
Anime and manga designed for a global audience are often quite diverse. They may feature Japanese, European, Middle Eastern, and African American characters. You can learn how to draw a black anime girl with this easy, step-by-step drawing tutorial.
When you look at the drawing below, what features give it a distinctive anime style? Consider the large, expressive eyes and prominent hairdo. Also, notice the curvaceous body type.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw more African American cartoon characters? Check out these drawing guides:
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Black Anime Girl
How to Draw a Great Looking Black Anime Girl for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the black anime girl outline by drawing her anime-style eyes. Use thick lines to draw the top and bottom of each eye, noting the pointed lashes in the corners. Then, connect the upper and lower portions of the eyes with half-oval shapes.
Easy Black Anime Girl Drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved lines to draw the eyebrows, lids, and nose. Draw a small mouth, beginning with a half-oval shape and drawing a line across it. Draw two oval shapes within each eye, and shade between them to indicate the pupils.
Easy Black Anime Girl Drawing - Step 3
3. Outline the top of the head, forehead, cheek, and chin with a long curved line. Draw two lines in an inverted "V" shape across the forehead to form the hairline. Draw wavy lines at the side of the face to indicate the cascading hair.
Easy Black Anime Girl Drawing - Step 4
4. Use curved lines that meet at points to enclose the round shape of a poofy ponytail. Then, use curved lines to complete the side of the head, the ear, and the curl.
Easy Black Anime Girl Drawing - Step 5
5. Use a series of curved lines to draw a second poofy ponytail on the opposite side of the head. Indicate a spiraling curl on the forehead using a single line.
Easy Black Anime Girl Drawing - Step 6
6. Extend curved lines from the head to form the neck and shoulders. Then, use a series of long curved lines to draw the arm, side of the hand, and pinky finger.
Easy Black Anime Girl Drawing - Step 7
7. Complete the hand using a series of overlapping curved lines. Then, use curved lines to draw the spaghetti strap and the side of the shirt.
Add More Details to Your Black Anime Girl Picture - Step 8
8. Use curved lines to draw the remaining arm, the torso, and the neckline and straps of the shirt.
Complete the Outline of Your Black Anime Girl Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete the arm and the hand on the hips. Draw two curved lines across the torso to form a belt or a gap between the crop top and pants.
Color Your Black Anime Girl Drawing
Your black anime girl outline is now complete. Color your cartoon using colored pencils or markers. Don't forget to shade her stylish clothes!
For more great Anime drawing tutorials, see the collection of Easy Anime Drawing Guides.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Black Anime Girl Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).