Learn how to draw a great looking Easy Black Cat with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Easy Black Cat.
Learning how to draw an easy black cat brings this adorable animal into your home.
When you've completed your easy black cat outline, you can make the entire cat black. However, you could add white markings to your cartoon easy black cat to make a tuxedo cat.
Since people associate black cats with witches, you could draw your cat with witches, ghosts or pumpkins for a fun Halloween picture.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Use pencils to sketch your easy black cat's outline, then draw the white accents before you fill it in. Otherwise, you'll make the entire cat black without defining the features, turning your drawing into a silhouette.
If you're using paint, gel pens or oil pastels, you could add the white after you color the drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy Black Cat
How to Draw a Great Looking Easy Black Cat for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Start by drawing two curved lines that end in points, like a lemon. Sketch an oval in the center, then draw a smaller oval inside this shape.
Easy Easy Black Cat Drawing - Step 2
2. Repeat this process with the other eye. Make sure that both eyes are symmetrical.
Easy Easy Black Cat Drawing - Step 3
3. Sketch two wide curves on either side of the face. Draw a triangle in the center, then add a loose W shape underneath.
Easy Easy Black Cat Drawing - Step 4
4. Similar to the eyes that you drew in step 1, sketch two curved triangles for the ears.
Easy Easy Black Cat Drawing - Step 5
5. Connect the ears, then sketch the whiskers and add a line to start the neck.
Easy Easy Black Cat Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a curved line that trails downward for the right side of the body. Make a curved bottom, then sketch a parallel line for the leg.
Easy Easy Black Cat Drawing - Step 7
7. On the left, start with a straight line, then curve the line downward and make two hill shapes to complete the body. Sketch a curve inside this shape.
Add More Details to Your Easy Black Cat Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a wavy line that resembles a bent hook for your cartoon easy black cat's tail.
Complete the Outline of Your Easy Black Cat Drawing - Step 9
9. Sketch an expressive wavy line to complete the tail. Make sure it runs parallel to the first line.
Color Your Easy Black Cat Drawing
Finalize your easy black cat outline with a black marker or pen.
Once you've completed your easy black cat outline, it's time for the fun part: filling it in. Color the entire cat black with white accents to define the legs, eyes and mouth. You can make the cat entirely black or add shading for realism.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Easy Black Cat Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).