Learn how to draw a great looking Black Woman with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Black Woman.
Would you like to sketch a portrait of an African American woman? This black woman drawing tutorial can show you how.
The African American woman in our drawing has a beautiful natural hairstyle. Notice the many wavy lines that texture her curly hair.
This drawing is made in portrait style, looking directly at the face. Would you like to improve your skills in drawing women's portraits?
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
First, learn how to draw a woman in full-bodied portrait style. In this guide, you will still be looking straight at her face, but you will see her posture and her long evening gown as well.
Then, you can learn how to draw a woman in profile. In this drawing, you will be looking at the side of the woman's face instead of at the front.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Black Woman
How to Draw a Great Looking Black Woman for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the black woman outline by drawing her eyes. Use curved lines to outline the eyes, noting that the lines do not meet at the corners. Draw a curved line over each to indicate the eyelids and two partial circles inside each eye. Shade the smaller circles to indicate the pupils.
Easy Black Woman Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw thick, curved eyebrows above each eye. Shade curved triangles at the corners of the eyes to indicate the eyelashes. Use curved lines to contour the bridge of the nose, its nostrils, and its tip.
Easy Black Woman Drawing - Step 3
3. Use a long curved line to draw the chin and cheeks. Draw curved lines that meet at a slight downward "V" shape to form the mouth. Enclose the lips above and below the mouth using curved lines. Draw short lines at the corners of the mouth, the sides of the nostrils, and to contour the tip of the nose.
Easy Black Woman Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw wavy lines in an inverted "V" shape across the top and sides of the face, erasing as necessary. Notice that some of the lines meet at sharp points, enclosing curly locks of hair. Extend two lines downward from the face to form the neck.
Easy Black Woman Drawing - Step 5
5. Contour the ears using curved lines, and draw oval-shaped earrings at the bottom of each. Then, draw more wavy lines indicating the hair. Notice that some of the lines outline the top of the hairstyle.
Easy Black Woman Drawing - Step 6
6. Fill in the hair with pairs of wavy lines that meet at points at the bottom.
Easy Black Woman Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the bottom of the hairstyle, connecting the hair at the sides of the face to the back of the neck. Use a series of short lines that meet at points.
Add More Details to Your Black Woman Picture - Step 8
8. Fill in the hair with wavy lines, some of which meet at points at the bottom. From the base of the neck, extend curved lines on each side to form the woman's shoulders.
Complete the Outline of Your Black Woman Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a wide "U" shaped line to form the neck of the woman's shirt, then use curved lines to contour her collar bones.
Color Your Black Woman Drawing
Your black woman portrait is now complete. Color your drawing using colored pencils or markers.
For more great people drawing tutorials, see the collection of Easy How to Draw People Tutorials.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Black Woman Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).