Learn how to draw a great looking Boxer Dog with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Boxer Dog.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Would you like to learn how to draw a boxer dog? Unleash your creativity with the help of this easy dog drawing guide. You’ll master the boxer dog outline in no time.
This cartoon boxer dog is an accurate depiction of one of the most popular dog breeds in the world.
In 2020, for example, the boxer ranked no. 14 in a survey by the American Kennel Club.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Boxers are a working dog breed that originated in Germany, with a heritage that includes bulldogs and the Great Dane.
Boxers have short hair, lean bodies, and square faces. They are smart and courageous.
Sometimes, they are trained as police dogs. They are also valued as family pets and protective companions.
Where does the boxer get its name? When it gets in a fight, this breed tends to use its front paws as if it were in a boxing match!
For more easy dog drawing guides, see this drawing of a realistic dog.
For more easy and fun guides, see the How to Draw a Dog Outline or Foo Dog Drawing tutorials.
See also, How to Draw a Wolf Face.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Boxer Dog
How to Draw a Great Looking Boxer Dog for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the boxer dog outline by sketching his expressive eyes. Use curved lines to trace the eyes, pointed at the corners, and the round pupils within. Then, contour the face and begin the shape of the snout using curved lines.
Easy Boxer Dog Drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved lines to craft the triangular shape of the nose as well as the sagging jowls. Contour the snout with curved lines.
Easy Boxer Dog Drawing - Step 3
3. Use overlapping curved lines to trace the lumpy skin on top of the head, the lower lip, and the jawline.
Easy Boxer Dog Drawing - Step 4
4. Use curved lines to outline the shapes of the floppy ears. Then, use long curved lines to draw the dog’s neck and chest.
Easy Boxer Dog Drawing - Step 5
5. Extend a pair of curved lines to outline the leg. Notice the bulges at the knee and ankle. Then, enclose the paw by using overlapping curved lines to draw the toes.
Easy Boxer Dog Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the remaining front leg. Again, use a pair of long curved lines, and overlapping curved lines for the toes. Then, extend a long curved line to draw the dog’s slender belly.
Easy Boxer Dog Drawing - Step 7
7. Extend the back of the neck to trace the dog’s back. Then, use overlapping curved lines to draw his stubby tail.
Add More Details to Your Boxer Dog Picture - Step 8
8. Extend two long curved lines to outline the rear leg. Notice how the leg is wider at the top, and note the bulge of the ankle. As before, use overlapping curved lines to draw the toes and enclose the bottom of the leg.
Complete the Outline of Your Boxer Dog Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your boxer dog outline by drawing the remaining rear leg. Again, use a pair of curved lines for the leg and short, overlapping lines for the toes. Notice that this leg is bent more than the others.
Color Your Boxer Dog Drawing
Color your cartoon boxer dog. We’ve shaded ours brown with a black snout and white markings on its neck, belly, and legs.
This is a classic color configuration for boxers. They can also be pure white, black and white, a light tan color called fawn, or brindle - a stripy pattern of black and brown.
Would you like to draw another dog? Check out this easy chihuahua drawing.
For more easy, cartoony drawing tutorials, see the collection of Guides to Art Projects with Cute Cartoons.
For all dog and canine drawings, see the Step-by-Step Tutorials to Help You Draw Dogs page.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Boxer Dog Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).