Learn how to draw a great looking Candy Heart with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Candy Heart.
Sweethearts (also known as "candy hearts" and "conversation hearts") are one of the most popular Valentine's Day candies. Each candy has a message that makes it even more special. With a cartoon candy heart drawing, you can surprise a loved one with your own messages.
People either like these candies or hate them. Some people love the chalky texture while others think candy hearts are hard and tasteless.
Luckily, your cartoon candy hearts can have any flavor that you want--just don't lick the page.
Typically, conversation hearts come in pastel colors, but you can color your cartoon candy hearts with vibrant or muted shades.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
You could even leave them black and white, although that doesn't quite match the romantic vibe. Instead of using black for the text, you could use red to keep it traditional.
Start with a pencil sketch so you can erase mistakes and extra lines, then outline your drawing and color the hearts with markers, pens, paint or colored pencils.
Use a sheet of white paper instead of notebook paper so the lines don't bleed through.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Candy Heart
How to Draw a Great Looking Candy Heart for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Start with a heart shape near the left side of the page. Draw the heart shape at an angle to give it depth.
Easy Candy Heart Drawing - Step 2
2. Make a curved line to the right that runs parallel to the rest of the shape. On the right, draw another heart that's tilted at a different angle.
Easy Candy Heart Drawing - Step 3
3. Repeat the earlier step for the bottom half of the heart. Sketch another heart shape behind this drawing. Make sure the first two hearts overlap the third one.
Easy Candy Heart Drawing - Step 4
4. Sketch a curved line behind the third heart, then draw another heart behind this shape. Keep experimenting with different angles.
Easy Candy Heart Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a boxy line underneath the fourth heart. Repeat previous steps for a fifth heart on the right.
Easy Candy Heart Drawing - Step 6
6. Sketch another heart behind the other shapes that you just drew.
Easy Candy Heart Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a final heart to complete the candy heart outline.
Add More Details to Your Candy Heart Picture - Step 8
8. Start writing your favorite phrases inside the hearts, like "LOVE YOU" or "BEST DAY." You could also get creative and invent your own phrases.
Complete the Outline of Your Candy Heart Drawing - Step 9
9. Add phrases to the rest of the hearts, like "HUG ME," "CUTIE" OR "SHINE."
Color Your Candy Heart Drawing
Finalize your candy heart outline with a black pen, marker or colored pencil.
Fill in your candy heart outline with bright colors to mimic the candy hearts you'd find in the store. You can color them all the same color, but using different colors makes each heart stand out. Use darker and lighter shades for the shadows and highlights.
For more great Heart drawing tutorials, see the 36 Simple Heart Drawing Ideas post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Candy Heart Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).