Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Angel with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Angel.
Would you like to draw a cute and serene cartoon angel? You can learn how with the help of this easy, step-by-step cartoon angel drawing guide.
This angel portrait is made up of many curved lines. Some of the lines are described as being "U" shaped or "C" shaped to help you get the angles just right.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
In each step, look for the highlighted blue lines in the illustration. These are the new lines for you to sketch into your drawing.
Did you know? In popular culture, angels are often depicted as female, but in the Bible, they are always described as having male features.
This illustration is androgynous enough to match either description - the angel could be a short-haired female or a male with long hair.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Angel
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Angel for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon angel outline by drawing the eyes. Use curved lines to outline the partial oval shapes. Then, enclose three successively smaller circles inside each eye. Shade the largest to indicate the pupils. Use short curved lines to add the eyebrows and eyelashes.
Easy Cartoon Angel Drawing - Step 2
2. Use a "C" shaped line for the nose and a curved line for the smiling mouth. Place a short line at the corner of the mouth. Then, use a long "U" shaped line and a series of overlapping curved lines to begin drawing the angel's hair.
Easy Cartoon Angel Drawing - Step 3
3. Enclose the face with a long curved line. Use a "C" shaped line to draw the ear, and contour inside it with a short curved line.
Easy Cartoon Angel Drawing - Step 4
4. Use a series of long and short curved lines to finish enclosing the angel's hair.
Easy Cartoon Angel Drawing - Step 5
5. Begin drawing the angel's body and gown. Extend a long line from the head to form the front of the gown. Draw a "V" shaped line below the head for the neck of the garment. Draw a shorter curved line to enclose the arm, hand hidden behind the back.
Easy Cartoon Angel Drawing - Step 6
6. Use overlapping curved lines to sketch the remaining arm and the opposite side of the gown.
Easy Cartoon Angel Drawing - Step 7
7. Connect the lines at the bottom of the gown using a long, wavy line. Contour the fabric with short vertical lines.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Angel Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the angel's wing. Use a series of connected, "U" shaped lines - longer ones at the top, and shorter ones at the bottom.
Would you like to add more detail to your angel's wings? Check out this angel wings drawing tutorial.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Angel Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw the remaining wing. Again, use a series of connected, "U" shaped lines of various sizes.
Color Your Cartoon Angel Drawing
Your cartoon angel outline is now complete. Color your drawing.
For more great fantasy drawing tutorials, see the collection of Step-by-Step Fantasy Drawings.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Angel Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).