Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Flame with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Flame.
Fire! Don't worry, it's not a real fire. You don't have to reach for the fire alarm just yet - reach for your sketchbook instead. This easy, step-by-step drawing guide can teach you how to draw a cartoon flame.
Fire is an important visual storytelling element in cartoons and comics. It can be destructive or provide life-giving warmth, like this campfire drawing. It can symbolize anger or romance, as in this heart on fire drawing.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
This flame is easy to draw. The shapes are all made from curved lines that meet at sharp points.
Where there's smoke, there's fire, they say. Learn how to draw flames and smoke.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Flame
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Flame for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon flame outline by drawing two sets of curved lines that meet at sharp points at the top. Connect them on the bottom using "U" shaped lines. This begins the first of the dancing flames.
Easy Cartoon Flame Drawing - Step 2
2. From the opening at the top of the shape, extend two curved lines. Allow them to meet at a sharp point. This encloses the innermost flame. Below the shape, draw a series of "U" shaped lines and curved lines that meet at points. These should be roughly parallel to the bottom of the shape above.
Easy Cartoon Flame Drawing - Step 3
3. Use curved lines of different lengths to extend the flames upward. Allow the lines to meet at sharp points.
Easy Cartoon Flame Drawing - Step 4
4. Continue the flames on the opposite side, using "U" shaped lines and curved lines that meet at points. Completely enclose the second layer of the flame.
Easy Cartoon Flame Drawing - Step 5
5. Begin drawing a third layer of flame. Use curved lines that meet at points as well as "U" shaped lines. The protrusions of the flame should be roughly parallel to those of the shape above.
Easy Cartoon Flame Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the side of the flame. Use curved lines of different lengths that meet at sharp points.
Easy Cartoon Flame Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the flames on the opposite side, again using curved lines of different lengths that meet at sharp points.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Flame Picture - Step 8
8. Extend curved lines from each open side, and allow them to meet at a point at the top. Your primary flame is now complete. Then, use curved lines to enclose a crescent moon shape above the flame, indicating that it is "licking" upwards.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Flame Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw more curved shapes above the flames like double-pointed teardrop shapes.
Color Your Cartoon Flame Drawing
Your cartoon flame outline is now complete. You can use crayons, markers, or colored pencils to shade it. Flames often appear in various shades of red, orange, yellow, white, and sometimes blue.
For more great cute, easy things drawing tutorials, see the collection of Cute, Easy Things Drawing Ideas..
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Flame Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).