Learn how to draw a great looking Heart on Fire with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Heart on Fire.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Is your heart burning within you? Express yourself when you learn how to draw a heart on fire.
The word picture of a flaming heart has been around for millennia.
It has been used to symbolize zeal or motivation, as in the Bible verse that says, "Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked to us?" (Luke 24:32, King James Version)
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
It can also mean love, passion, or compassion. Elvis Presley sang, "I'm just a hunk, a hunk of burning love.
What about heartburn? Well, that too could be symbolized by a cartoon of a heart on fire. In fact, this commercial for heartburn medication combined flames, organs, and a spoof of another Elvis song to illustrate heartburn.
The heart on fire outline is a simple cartoon that you can master in minutes.
It consists of well-placed curved lines. All you will need is a pen or a pencil and a sheet of paper.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Fireplace, Heart Pixel Art, and Rose and Heart.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Heart on Fire
How to Draw a Great Looking Heart on Fire for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the heart on fire outline by drawing the heart shape. Place it low enough on the page that you will be able to draw other elements above it.
Easy Heart on Fire Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a short curved line extending (but not attached to) each side of the heart. From the tip of each curved line, extend another line. The lines should meet at sharp points.
Easy Heart on Fire Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a curved line from the tip of each of the previous lines. They should meet at a sharp point. This outlines the flame rising from the heart.
Easy Heart on Fire Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw another series of curved lines along one side of the heart. The lines should meet at sharp points.
Easy Heart on Fire Drawing - Step 5
5. Continue this series of lines, each new line meeting the last at a sharp point. This outlines one side of the second layer of flames.
Easy Heart on Fire Drawing - Step 6
6. Begin drawing a series of curved lines that meet at points along the remaining side of the heart. Draw a curved line to meet the uppermost line, enclosing the top of the flame.
Easy Heart on Fire Drawing - Step 7
7. Continue to draw curved lines that meet at points.
Add More Details to Your Heart on Fire Picture - Step 8
8. Enclose the flame with a final curved line. Then, draw additional tongues of flame licking from the fire. Use two curved lines to create the double-pointed teardrop shape.
Complete the Outline of Your Heart on Fire Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your heart on fire outline by drawing more tongues of flame, each a double teardrop shape made of two curved lines.
Color Your Heart on Fire Drawing
Color your burning heart cartoon. We’ve shaded our heart red in traditional style, with yellow and orange flames. Can you add brilliance to the flames by using different shades of the same color, as in our illustration?
For more great Heart drawing tutorials, see the 36 Cute Heart Designs post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Heart on Fire Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).