Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Hand with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Hand.
Give yourself a hand - literally! You can learn how to draw a cartoon hand with the help of this easy, step-by-step drawing tutorial.
This hand uses simple curved lines for the palm, wrist, and details. The fingers are made from long, "U" shaped lines. As you will see, this hand is not difficult to draw at all!
Yet, many artists complain that hands are a difficult task to master. You can improve your skills by studying the hand. How?
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Hand
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Hand for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon hand outline by drawing a long curved line, then doubling it back upon itself. This begins the palm and outlines the thumb.
Easy Cartoon Hand Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw another curved line not connected to the first line. This outlines the opposite side of the hand. Notice the slight squiggle near the top of the line.
Easy Cartoon Hand Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a long "U" shaped line, intersecting the line of the thumb on one side. This outlines the pointer finger. Draw a curved line across the top of the palm. The bottom of the pointer finger should intersect this line.
Easy Cartoon Hand Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw another long "U" shaped line. Both ends of the line should connect to the top of the palm. This forms the middle finger.
Easy Cartoon Hand Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a third long, "U" shaped line, connected to the top of the palm. This forms the ring finger.
Easy Cartoon Hand Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a fourth and final long, "U" shaped line. This encloses the pinky finger. It should intersect the line at the top of the palm on one side and meet the squiggly line on the other, bridging the space between them.
Then, draw a curved line across the palm to contour the fleshy pad at the base of the thumb.
Easy Cartoon Hand Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw two more curved lines across the palm, contouring it.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Hand Picture - Step 8
8. Extend two curved lines from the bottom of the hand. These outline the wrist. Sketch two short, curved lines on the wrist, contouring the skin.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Hand Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail the fingers by drawing a short line across each knuckle - one on the thumb and two on each of the fingers.
Color Your Cartoon Hand Drawing
Your cartoon hand outline is now complete. Can you use your colored pencils to apply realistic skin tones?
For more great easy human body drawing tutorials, see the collection of How to Draw Easy Human Body Drawings for Kids.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Hand Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).