Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Knife with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Knife.
Does your cartoon character need to wield a knife for cooking, mayhem, or defense? Craft your story and learn how to draw a cartoon knife with the help of this easy, step-by-step drawing tutorial.
The knife in this drawing is a large type known as a butcher knife. It has a wooden handle and a metal blade. You can see the fasteners that hold the two together. The blade has been damaged through use.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Sometimes, kitchen knives double as weapons in cartoons and comics. But your characters might be better served if you learn how to draw a dagger-like knife like this one.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Knife
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Knife for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon knife drawing by drawing a curved line and doubling it back on itself. This begins the shape of the knife's handle.
Easy Cartoon Knife Drawing - Step 2
2. Continue the line until it meets its origin point, completely enclosing the irregular shape.
Easy Cartoon Knife Drawing - Step 3
3. Extend a long line from the handle. Note the small "L" shape near the handle. This line forms the back of the knife blade.
Easy Cartoon Knife Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a small "L" shaped line on the opposite side of the handle. Extend a long curved line from the tip of the blade.
Easy Cartoon Knife Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a short zigzag line at the end of the curved line. This is a small indentation, a bit of damage to the knife blade. Connect the zigzag to the base of the blade using a straight line.
Easy Cartoon Knife Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a curved line parallel to the bottom of the knife blade to contour it.
Easy Cartoon Knife Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw two small ovals on the knife handle. These are the metal fasteners that attach the wooden handle to the blade.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Knife Picture - Step 8
8. Draw curved lines parallel to the bottom and side of the handle. This gives it a three-dimensional appearance.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Knife Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw short lines at the base of the blade on both sides of the handle. This indicates that the blade has a thickness, giving it dimension as well.
Color Your Cartoon Knife Drawing
Your cartoon knife outline is now complete. Color your drawing. We've shaded the wooden handle brown and the metal parts grey. You can even use several shades of gray - alter how hard you press if shading it with a graphite pencil - to indicate light reflecting off the blade.
For more great really easy drawing tutorials, see the collection of How to Draw Really Easy for Beginners.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Knife Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).