Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Rose with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Rose.
Would you like to learn how to draw a cartoon rose? This simple, step-by-step flower drawing tutorial will guide you in sketching the perfect cartoon rose outline.
Did you know? Real flowers may not have smiling faces, but they do communicate. In the book The Hidden Life of Trees, forestry professional Peter Wohlleben describes the social nature of trees and other plants.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
How do they communicate? Flowers release chemicals that attract pollinators. Plants can also communicate danger to each other through airborne smells.
And, plants that grow in the same soil often have interconnected root systems, through which they can share food, water, and electrical impulses.
What will this cute and cheeky blossom have to say?
See also Tutorial for Drawing a Simple Rose.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Rose
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Rose for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon rose outline by sketching the feminine eyes. Draw a circle within a circle, and shade the inner circle to indicate the pupil. Then, use curved lines to enclose a curved triangle at one corner.
Shade the triangle to indicate the eyelashes or cat eye style eyeliner. Then, begin sketching the second eye. Outline the curvy triangle and shade it.
Easy Cartoon Rose Drawing - Step 2
2. Use a curved line to complete the circular shape of the second eye. Shade a partial circle within it to indicate the pupil.
Then, draw a curved line above each eye to form the eyebrows. Finally, sketch the upper lip of the smiling mouth using curved lines.
Easy Cartoon Rose Drawing - Step 3
3. Use two curved lines to craft the lower lip. Then, draw a long "U" shaped line around the facial features. This outlines the basic shape of the face.
Then, trace a curved "Y" shaped line in the mouth of the "U." This outlines the overlapping petals of the flower.
Easy Cartoon Rose Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw another, smaller "Y" shape connected to one branch of the previous "Y." Then, use curved lines to outline the edges of the petals.
Easy Cartoon Rose Drawing - Step 5
5. Continue drawing wavy curved lines at the top of the flower, completing the outline of the rosebud's petals.
Easy Cartoon Rose Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a spiral line in the center of the flower. Use additional curved lines to fill in petals as needed. Then, draw sepals - small leaves - at the base of the flower, erasing as necessary.
Use curved lines that meet at points to form the leaves. Below them, use a curved line to enclose a half-circle shape.
Easy Cartoon Rose Drawing - Step 7
7. Extend a pair of curved lines below the flower to form the stem. Then, use pairs of short curved lines that meet at points to complete the sepals.
Extend a curved line from the side of the stem. This line will become the central vein of the leaf.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Rose Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a curved line emerging from the opposite side of the stem. Use curved lines to enclose the leaf around it. Notice that it is raised as if waving.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Rose Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your cartoon rose outline by drawing the final leaf. Outline it using curved lines. Then, draw a patch of grass at the base of the stem. Use curved lines that meet at jagged points.
Color Your Cartoon Rose Drawing
Color your cartoon rose. "Roses are red, violets are blue..." or so the poem goes. But we've shaded ours in another familiar flower color - bright pink!
Did you know? A gift of pink roses can mean appreciation and gratitude. You can use this drawing guide to make a thank you card.
For more great Cute cartoons drawing tutorials, see the 51 Cute cartoons Drawing Ideas for Kids post.
For more easy rose drawing tutorials, see the collection of Step-by-Step Tutorials for Drawing Roses.
For all flower drawings, see the Step-by-Step Tutorials to Help You Draw Flowers page.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Rose Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).