Learn how to draw a great looking Rose Outline with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Rose Outline.
Would you like to learn how to draw a rose outline? These pretty flowers will look great as a pencil or pen-and-ink sketch, or you can shade them like a coloring book.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Roses frequently appear in artwork. They have also been used to communicate feelings.
Red roses mean love, and pink roses indicate gratitude. Yellow roses indicate friendship, and white roses are for loyalty and purity.
What color will your roses be?
See also Easy Way to Draw a Cute Rose.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Rose Outline
How to Draw a Great Looking Rose Outline for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the rose sketch by sketching the first rosebud. Start with a spiral line in the center. Then, draw a series of curved lines around it to form the edges of the petals.
Easy Rose Outline Drawing - Step 2
2. Use long, sweeping curved lines to sketch the outer petals of the rose.
Easy Rose Outline Drawing - Step 3
3. Continue drawing the outer petals using long curved lines. Extend a pair of lines from the base of the flower and allow them to meet at a sharp point. This indicates the rose's stem.
Easy Rose Outline Drawing - Step 4
4. Begin drawing the second flower. Use curved lines to sketch the narrow heart shape of the outer petal.
Then, use a series of short lines that meet at sharp points to form the sepals, tiny leaves that sprout from the base of the flower.
Next, extend a pair of curved lines to form the stem. Let the lines meet at a point at the end.
Easy Rose Outline Drawing - Step 5
5. Continue drawing the petals of the second flower outline. Use curved "Y" shaped lines to indicate the areas where the petals overlap.
Easy Rose Outline Drawing - Step 6
6. Continue sketching the blooming rose. At the center, draw a "Y" shaped line with a spiral arm.
Then, use curved lines to sketch the edges of the petals. Between the flowers, sketch a long, narrow "V" shaped line.
Easy Rose Outline Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a tightly closed rosebud at the tip of the stem. Use a series of curved lines to create the flower bud.
At the bottom, enclose the triangular sepals. Then, connect the flower to the stem using a small half-circle.
Add More Details to Your Rose Outline Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a spiral near the top of the third flower. Then, draw leaves. Extend long curved lines from the stem. Next, use curved lines to enclose the teardrop shapes of the leaves around the leaf veins.
Complete the Outline of Your Rose Outline Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your rose sketch by drawing additional leaves. Use curved lines to create the leaf veins and to outline the sides of the leaves.
Color Your Rose Outline Drawing
For more great Roses drawing tutorials, see the 50 Easy Roses Art Projects for Kids post.
For more easy rose drawing tutorials, see the collection of Beginner-Friendly Guides to Drawing Roses.
For all flower drawings, see the Beginner Tutorials to Teach You How to Draw Flowers page.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Rose Outline Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).