Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Santa Claus with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Santa Claus.
Here comes Santa Clause, here comes Santa Claus, right down Santa Claus Lane! Add him to your sketchbook with the help of this easy, step-by-step cartoon Santa Claus drawing guide.
Have you ever drawn a whole person before? A character like Santa might seem intimidating to draw, but it isn't too difficult.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
In most steps, you will be adding simple lines, highlighted in blue. You can also look for familiar shapes - the circles of the eyes and nose, the ovals of the eyebrows and blushing cheeks, and the rounded rectangles of the belt buckle, for example.
Did you know? Santa's red-coated, rosy-cheeked appearance is a modern invention. In the past, Christmas traditions involved other versions of this holiday hero, such as Saint Nicholas or frightening figures like this Krampus drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Santa Claus
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Santa Claus for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon Santa Claus outline by drawing Santa's face. Draw a circle for the nose and a circle within a circle for each eye. Draw two flattened ovals above the eyes to indicate the brows.
Easy Cartoon Santa Claus Drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved lines to outline the face. Notice how the short lines in the series add a fluffiness to the edges of the beard and hair.
Easy Cartoon Santa Claus Drawing - Step 3
3. Use curved lines to enclose a tuft of hair at the forehead, the mustache-covered mouth, and the tongue within. Draw a small oval to indicate the blush on each cheek.
Easy Cartoon Santa Claus Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw Santa's hat. Use curved lines to sketch the curved rectangular band and the bent triangle top/ Draw an irregular circle for the pom pom at the hat's tip. Then, use curved lines to draw and detail the ear.
Easy Cartoon Santa Claus Drawing - Step 5
5. Use a series of curved lines to sketch the arm, bent at the elbow; the rectangular cuff of the sleeve; the mittened hand, and the top of the large sack of toys.
Easy Cartoon Santa Claus Drawing - Step 6
6. Use a curved line to finish enclosing the sack, with short curved lines providing bulges. Then, use a series of curved lines to enclose the cloudlike beard.
Easy Cartoon Santa Claus Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw Santa's belted coat. in the middle, draw a rounded rectangle with a smaller one inside it. This is the belt buckle. Use curved lines for the sides of the torso. Draw a pair of lines from the beard to the buckle and lines on each side of the buckle to the sides of the torso.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Santa Claus Picture - Step 8
8. Continue to draw the coat. Use curved lines to sketch the remaining arm, the cuff of the sleeve, and the band at the bottom of the coat.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Santa Claus Drawing - Step 9
9. Use curved lines to sketch the legs and the boots.
Color Your Cartoon Santa Claus Drawing
Your cartoon Santa Claus outline is now complete. Color him with a white beard and red clothing trimmed in white.
For more great Christmas & Winter drawing tutorials, see the collection of Easy Christmas & Winter Drawing Guides.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Santa Claus Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).