Learn how to draw a great looking Santa Claus Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Santa Claus Face.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Santa Claus is coming to town! Sketch his portrait with this Santa Claus face drawing guide.
Did you know? Santa Claus didn't always look the way he does in this drawing. Many of the legends of Santa Clause were based on St. Nicholas, a 4th-century saint.
If Nicholas was a real person - a fact that remains unconfirmed - he was likely a bishop who wore the garments associated with that office.
In 1863, an artist named Thomas Nast first drew the modern Santa for a magazine called Harper's Weekly. This Santa was recognizable with his red suit, white beard, and pudgy belly. He based his character on the 1823 poem "Twas the Night Before Christmas."
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
In 1931, the Coca-Cola Company began using a similar rosy-cheeked Santa in a red suit for its advertisements. This image stuck and is still the most recognizable today.
Everybody wants to meet Santa Claus. Want to make a "Wanted" poster for Santa? Add the Santa Claus face outline to this "Wanted" poster cartoon!
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Christmas Snoopy, Merry Christmas Card, and Christmas Pudding.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Santa Claus Face
How to Draw a Great Looking Santa Claus Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the Santa Claus face outline by drawing his eyes. Outline the eyes using curved lines. Then, shade a partial oval inside each eye to indicate the pupils. Draw a curved line between the eyes to suggest the bridge of the nose.
Easy Santa Claus Face Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw an oval for the nose. Extend curved lines from it to form the top of the mustache. Then, draw a curved line above each eye to indicate the eyelid, and enclose the bushy, cloudlike eyebrows using curved lines.
Easy Santa Claus Face Drawing - Step 3
3. Use a series of connected curved lines to outline the mustache. Then, draw a "U" shaped line below it to form the mouth.
Easy Santa Claus Face Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw curved lines inside the mouth to indicate the tongue and teeth, and below it to form the chin. Then, sketch the sides of the beard using curved lines of different lengths that meet at jagged points.
Easy Santa Claus Face Drawing - Step 5
5. Complete the beard using long, overlapping curved lines that meet at a point at the bottom.
Easy Santa Claus Face Drawing - Step 6
6. Use curved lines to sketch the sides of the face and to detail around the mouth.
Easy Santa Claus Face Drawing - Step 7
7. Use curved lines to trace the ears, detail within them, and draw the hair above them.
Add More Details to Your Santa Claus Face Picture - Step 8
8. Draw Santa's hat. Enclose a curved rectangle at the top of the head, then draw a long curved line from one side of it.
Complete the Outline of Your Santa Claus Face Drawing - Step 9
Complete your Santa Claus face outline by using overlapping curved lines to finish enclosing the hat. Then, sketch the round pom pom at the tip.
Color Your Santa Claus Face Drawing
Color your cartoon of Santa’s face. He typically has rosy cheeks, a white beard, and a red and white hat.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Santa Claus Face Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).