Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Snowflake with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Snowflake.
You can let it snow, let it snow, let it snow with this cute cartoon snowflake drawing. This easy, step-by-step character drawing tutorial can show you how.
Snowflakes are fractals - repeating patterns that branch and grow smaller. This is because they are also crystals of ice. Can you see the repeating patterns on the snowflake's branches, and even how the shape of its center compares to its overall shape?
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
This snowflake is extra special because it has a smiling cartoon face. Every snowflake is unique, and you will never find another quite like this one!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Snowflake
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Snowflake for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon snowflake outline by drawing a hexagon - a six-sided shape with equal, straight sides. This will form the center of the snowflake and help you maintain its overall shape.
Easy Cartoon Snowflake Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the snowflake's adorable cartoon face. Inside the hexagon, draw two ovals with smaller ovals inside. Shade between them. These are the character's eyes. Between the eyes, draw the smiling "U" shaped mouth.
Easy Cartoon Snowflake Drawing - Step 3
3. Shade a small curved triangle at the top of each eye to indicate the eyelashes. Draw a thick curved line above each eye to form the eyebrows. Then, erase the point of the hexagon at the top of the character's head. This makes way for the first branching arm.
Begin sketching the arm. At each side of the opening, us straight lines to draw an incomplete diamond shape.
Easy Cartoon Snowflake Drawing - Step 4
4. Erase two more points and repeat the process, using straight lines to draw incomplete diamonds on each side of the opening.
Easy Cartoon Snowflake Drawing - Step 5
5. Erase the remaining points of the hexagon, and draw two incomplete diamonds on both sides of each opening.
Easy Cartoon Snowflake Drawing - Step 6
6. Next, extend a set of parallel lines from each opening between the diamonds. Just as when water freezes into snow, you are causing the crystals to grow and form. Then, begin drawing another set of incomplete diamonds at the top of one pair of lines.
Easy Cartoon Snowflake Drawing - Step 7
7. Continue to draw pairs of incomplete diamond shapes at the top of each set of parallel lines.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Snowflake Picture - Step 8
8. Continue drawing pairs of diamond shapes on the remaining parallel lines. Then, enclose the top of the branching crystal drawing with a pentagon shape.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Snowflake Drawing - Step 9
9. Enclose the pentagon shapes, using four straight lines each, at the tip of each of the snowflake's arms.
Color Your Cartoon Snowflake Drawing
Your cartoon snowflake drawing is now complete. You can leave it a snowy white or shade it with a bit of light blue. Under a microscope, snowflakes reflect a rainbow of colors.
For more great Christmas & Winter drawing tutorials, see the collection of Simple How to Draw Christmas & Winter Ideas.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Snowflake Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).