Learn how to draw a great looking Squirrel with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Squirrel.
Squirrels are familiar and adorable small, furry animals. You can learn how to draw a squirrel with the help of this easy, step-by-step cartoon animal drawing guide.
Did you know? There's a reason why you are probably familiar with squirrels no matter where you live in the world. There are more than 200 species of squirrels, and they are adaptable rodents that can live in hot and cold climates.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Want to draw a cute squirrel couple? Pair this girl squirrel drawing with the cartoon squirrel below.
Or, you can draw the squirrel's smaller cousin with the help of this cute cartoon chipmunk drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Squirrel
How to Draw a Great Looking Squirrel for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon squirrel outline by drawing its eyes. First, draw two curved lines. Then enclose partial circles on top of each line.
Then, enclose two successively smaller circles inside each eye. Shade between them. Use curved lines to draw eyebrows above the eyes.
Easy Squirrel Drawing - Step 2
2. Next, draw the animal's nose and mouth. For the nose, draw an inverted triangle. Then, use curved lines to draw the mouth and connect it to the nose.
Enclose a curved pentagon shape below the mouth and draw a short line down the middle. These are the squirrel's large front teeth.
Easy Squirrel Drawing - Step 3
3. Outline the squirrel's head and chubby cheeks using a series of curved lines. Notice the tuft of fur on top of the head, crafted with short curved lines that meet at jagged points.
Easy Squirrel Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the squirrel's ears. Use curved lines that meet in two jagged, furry points at each tip.
Easy Squirrel Drawing - Step 5
5. Use overlapping curved lines to draw the squirrel's arm and paw.
Easy Squirrel Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the remaining arm, again using overlapping curved lines. Notice the short lines at the top of the arm that texture the fur.
Easy Squirrel Drawing - Step 7
7. Use a long curved line to enclose the squirrel's torso and hips. Then, draw curved lines between the arms and the bottom of the body to indicate the belly.
Add More Details to Your Squirrel Picture - Step 8
8. Use overlapping curved lines to draw the toes of the rear paws.
Complete the Outline of Your Squirrel Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw the squirrel's long, fluffy tail. Extend a long curved line from the rear paw. Allow the end of the line to coil into a spiral shape.
Then draw another curved line from the ear to below the spiral to finish enclosing the tail.
Color Your Squirrel Drawing
Your cartoon squirrel outline is now complete. Color your critter. In the Northern Hemisphere, squirrels are often brown, reddish, or gray. Some are even solid white or black!
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Squirrel Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).