Learn how to draw a great looking Easy Cartoon Chipmunk with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Easy Cartoon Chipmunk.
Would you like to learn how to draw an easy cartoon chipmunk? This simple, step-by-step animal drawing guide is here to show you how.
This cartoon is drawn in chibi style. The chipmunk has a large head, large eyes, and simple features. See this cute chibi Pikachu Pokémon drawing for another example of a rodent drawn in chibi style.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The drawing is not hard to complete. You will use curved lines to sketch the animal. On its cheeks and tail, the lines will meet at points to give your character a furry appearance.
If you enjoyed this drawing guide, you can also learn how to draw a realistic chipmunk.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy Cartoon Chipmunk
How to Draw a Great Looking Easy Cartoon Chipmunk for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the easy cartoon chipmunk outline by sketching its cute face. Draw two short lines, and enclose partial ovals above them. These are the chipmunk's eyes. Draw a smaller oval within each eye and shade around it.
Then, draw a small inverted triangle for the nose. Draw curved lines in a "W" shape to form the mouth.
Easy Easy Cartoon Chipmunk Drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved lines to enclose a pentagon shape below the mouth. These are the chipmunk's large teeth. Then, use a series of curved lines to draw the top of the head, a tuft of fur, and the ear.
Easy Easy Cartoon Chipmunk Drawing - Step 3
3. Enclose a curved triangle on the opposite side of the head to form the remaining ear. Contour both ears with a curved line.
Then, enclose the chipmunk's chubby cheeks. Use a series of curved lines, allowing some to meet at furry points.
Easy Easy Cartoon Chipmunk Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a rounded "M" shaped line above the eyes. Then, sketch the arm and paw. Use curved lines to outline the arm, connected on the end by small "U" shaped fingers.
Easy Easy Cartoon Chipmunk Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw an acorn in the chipmunk's grasp. Use curved lines to enclose a half-circle shape with bulges on each end. This is the acorn cap. Extend two curved lines below the cap and allow them to meet at a gentle point.
Easy Easy Cartoon Chipmunk Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a curved line on top of the acorn cap and double it back on itself, forming the stem. Then, sketch the chipmunk's body. Use long curved lines for the back, belly, and leg.
Easy Easy Cartoon Chipmunk Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the feet. Use curved lines, one of which completely encloses the outline. Define the toes with short curved lines.
Add More Details to Your Easy Cartoon Chipmunk Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the chipmunk's bushy tail using long curved lines that meet at points. Then, shade two thick, short lines on the back of the animal's head. These are the first of the chipmunk's stripes.
Complete the Outline of Your Easy Cartoon Chipmunk Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw two long stripes down the chipmunk's back and another down the center of the tail.
Color Your Easy Cartoon Chipmunk Drawing
Your easy cartoon chipmunk outline is now complete. Color your chipmunk. Most chipmunks are brown with black stripes and tan markings.
For more great easy furry animals drawing tutorials, see the collection of Cute Furry Animals Drawing Ideas..
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Easy Cartoon Chipmunk Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).