Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Werewolf with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Werewolf.
Werewolves are mythological humans who turn into wolves when the full moon rises. Learn how to draw a cartoon werewolf with scary claws and fangs.
This is a more advanced version of our werewolf drawing guide. If you've mastered the basic cartoon werewolf, this drawing adds fur, muscles, ripped pants and other details. Loose, sketchy lines make this creature look wild and crazy.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
You can draw a full moon behind your cartoon werewolf when you're done. If you want to get creative, add a detailed background, such as a forest or graveyard.
Where are some unusual places that your werewolf could visit?
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Werewolf
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Werewolf for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Start the mouth with a horizontal line with a curve on either end. Sketch a vertical dash in the middle, then draw two large triangles underneath with narrow triangles between them. Add another vertical line and a second row of teeth pointing upward.
Outline the nose with a rounded triangle. For each eye, sketch a hook shape with a semi-circle underneath. Add ovals for the pupils, and draw sketchy lines above and around the eyes.
Easy Cartoon Werewolf Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the ears with large teardrops, then connect them with a sketchy horizontal line like ocean waves. Sketch three curved triangles on either side of the face with a line pointing downward toward the mouth. Inside each ear, sketch a hook shape with two small triangles.
Connect both rows of teeth with two lines, and use a heart shape for the tongue.
Easy Cartoon Werewolf Drawing - Step 3
3. Add a horizontal line beneath the bottom teeth, then complete the jaw with sketchy triangles on either side. Draw a horizontal curve on either side of the head. Sketch semi-circles with loose, feathery triangles for the shoulders.
Sketch the left arm with a diagonal line that curves inward, then define the arm muscles with more curves.
Easy Cartoon Werewolf Drawing - Step 4
4. Outline the talons with angled diamond shapes with sharp, pointed ends. Use overlapping ovals for the fingers. Sketch lines behind the claws to complete the palm, then add a curve behind the hand.
Easy Cartoon Werewolf Drawing - Step 5
5. Start the right arm with two diagonal vertical lines. Add three triangles on the right, then draw curved lines that trail down to the wrist. Sketch the hand with two more diagonal lines.
Draw the fingers with overlapping ovals and rectangles. Add a triangle for the claw, then sketch two lines inside the hand.
Easy Cartoon Werewolf Drawing - Step 6
6. Sketch another claw on the right hand. Add two horizontal curves on the chest with a semi-oval and dashes underneath. Carefully outline the body with curves and small hills that highlight the ribs.
Easy Cartoon Werewolf Drawing - Step 7
7. For the pants, draw a vertical curve with two straight lines on either side. Sketch a smaller and deeper curve underneath, then use jagged lines and triangles to make the pants look ripped and torn. Use two narrow triangles and a loop for the furry knee.
Draw sketchy lines inside the body for added detail.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Werewolf Picture - Step 8
8. Sketch two straight lines for the left side of the leg. Use curves and sketchy shapes on the right with diamond-shaped claws. Draw the toes with overlapping ovals.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Werewolf Drawing - Step 9
9. Repeat the previous step for the right leg, but flip the drawing like a mirror image.
Color Your Cartoon Werewolf Drawing
Finally, outline your cartoon werewolf with black, then color the body with shades of greyish-brown. Use navy blue for the pants and reddish-brown shades for the eyes and mouth. If you want to try a realistic piece, check out this wolf face and head drawing guide.
For more great Halloween drawing tutorials, see the collection of How to Draw Halloween Ideas Step-by-Step Drawings.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Werewolf Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).