Learn how to draw a great looking Werewolf with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Werewolf.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Today, werewolves are known to be fictitious creatures. They appear in movies as teenage heartthrobs, in children's cartoons such as Scooby Doo, and in the decorations and costumes of Halloween.
In fact, people who believe they are a wolf or some other animal may be diagnosed with a psychiatric condition called lycanthropy. But there was a time when belief in werewolves was widespread.
For example, the ancient Greeks and Romans included this superstition in their religious customs. It was believed that a person could be turned into a wolf by means of a spell or by taking part in a certain ceremony that honored the god Zeus.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
During the Middle Ages, belief in werewolves was widespread in Europe. They believed that these creatures turned into wolves at night to devour humans and animals.
Some could change at will, but others, such as those who had been bitten by a werewolf, changed involuntarily in the presence of a full moon. Bandits sometimes took advantage of this fear by dressing in wolf skins.
Would you like to have a howling good time drawing your own werewolf? This easy, step-by-step drawing tutorial is here to help.
All you will need is a pencil and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to use colored pencils, crayons, markers, or paints to color your drawing.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Witch, Haunted House, and Wolf.
Step by Step Instructions for Drawing a Werewolf
How to Draw a Great Looking Werewolf for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by outlining the wolf's snout. Using curved lines, outline the rectangular shape of the snout. Extend the line around the brow, and allow it to double back on itself to form the ear. The scruff around the neck consists of lines that meet in points. Note the tufts of hair on the chin, and the rounded triangular shape of the open mouth.
Easy Werewolf Drawing - Step 2
2. Add features to the face. Draw a curved line across the end of the snout, and another curved line within the enclosed shape. Shade the nose. Draw an "S" shaped line to form the brow, and enclose a semicircle beneath it, indicating the eye. Detail the pupil by drawing a curved line through the semicircle. Draw the tongue using a short curved line, and small triangles to form the teeth.
Easy Werewolf Drawing - Step 3
3. Outline the body using curved lines. Note the bend in the lines that indicate the creature's hips.
Easy Werewolf Drawing - Step 4
4. Give the werewolf some clothing. Draw a curved line above the abdomen, and enclose the figure using a series of short, curved lines that connect in points.
Easy Werewolf Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the animal's arm. The shoulder and upper arm will resemble an elongated oval, open to the lower arm. Note the jagged fur at the elbow. For the fingers, use curved lines to form open triangles.
Easy Werewolf Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the werewolf's far arm. Use a series of lines to outline the arm and hand, including a backwards "C" shaped line for the interior of the hand. Enclose additional fingers using short lines.
Easy Werewolf Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the wolf's legs. For each leg, use a series of curved and straight lines. Note the pointed corners of the knee and ankle, and the flat line of the bottom of the foot. On each foot, include a short curved line to distinguish the toes.
Add More Details to Your Werewolf Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the tail. Use a series of curved lines of various lengths, allowing the lines to meet in jagged, furry points.
Complete the Outline of Your Werewolf Drawing - Step 9
9. Give that wolf something to howl about. Enclose a circle about his head to indicate the full moon.
Color Your Werewolf Drawing
10. Color your werewolf. Of course, wolves run in packs - give him some pals of the non-ghoulish variety with our other wolf drawing tutorials.
For more great Fantasy drawing tutorials, see the 51 Easy Fantasy Art Projects for Kids post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Werewolf Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).