Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Witch with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Witch.
Witches are spooky creatures who often come out at night. This cartoon witch drawing uses bright, lurid colors for maximum creepiness.
Real-life witches exist, but they don't look anything like this character. Why do you think that cartoon witches are so brightly colored? The strange colors suggest that they're weird, spooky and inhuman.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Witches have large, exaggerated features, like big noses and wide, staring eyes. Notice how the lines on the witch's face make her smile look like an evil cackle.
For more fun, check out our easy witch drawing tutorial.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Witch
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Witch for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Draw a large rounded triangle pointing to the left. Sketch the eyes with two dashes with semi-circles underneath them, then add another dash beneath the right eye and a semi-circle on the nose.
Easy Cartoon Witch Drawing - Step 2
2. Add a heart shape for the chin, and outline the face with a curve on the right. Draw a horizontal curve beneath the nose with a deeper curve underneath. Sketch a dash on the right side of the mouth.
Use a rectangle for the jagged tooth. Add a horizontal rectangle with a semi-oval cut out of it for the rest of the teeth, then sketch the tongue with curves. Complete the cartoon witch face with two curves on the left.
Easy Cartoon Witch Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw small hills around the witch's face like you're drawing a cloud.
Easy Cartoon Witch Drawing - Step 4
4. Start the hat with a diagonal line across the top of the head. Attach it to the hair with semi-ovals, then sketch a narrow rectangle above and connect it to the hat with two diagonal lines. Draw an oval inside the rectangle.
Use more diagonal lines and one uneven line to make a floppy triangle. If you need more help, use this witch hat drawing guide as a reference.
Easy Cartoon Witch Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a curved diagonal line extending from the hair. Sketch a line pointing downward with a shorter line to the left, then connect them with a semi-oval. Add a heart shape on the left with a dash on top that completes the arm.
Easy Cartoon Witch Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a hook shape on the left side of the body followed by a semi-rectangle. Outline the fingers with narrow, uneven triangles with round points. Add short dashes inside the hand.
Easy Cartoon Witch Drawing - Step 7
7. For the left side of the body, add a short curve with a much larger curve underneath. Sketch a horizontal line between them. Use more semi-ovals and a triangle for the fingers on the left hand, connecting the hand to the sleeve with a Z-shape.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Witch Picture - Step 8
8. Complete the body with another curve and diagonal line on the right. Use waves for the bottom of the dress, then start the broom with a circle and a narrow tube underneath. Draw the bristles with sketchy triangles.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Witch Drawing - Step 9
9. Sketch lines inside the broom, then use tall, uneven lines for the handle. Make the handle look bumpy like a carved stick.
Color Your Cartoon Witch Drawing
Finally, outline your cartoon witch with black ink, then use different shades of purple for the dress and hat. Add brown and yellow for the decoration on the hat, and use the same shade of brown for the broom. Make the skin a sickly shade of green.
Make the hair black and the eyes pale yellow. Use dark pink for the mouth and pale green for the teeth, then add blue, red and tan for the broom.
For more great Halloween drawing tutorials, see the collection of Easy Halloween Drawing Guides.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Witch Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).