Learn how to draw a great looking Cat and Dog with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Cat and Dog drawing.
Sometimes, cats and dogs are thought of as mortal enemies, but they can also be the best of friends! Would you like to learn how to draw a cat and dog?
This easy, step-by-step pet drawing tutorial can help you sketch a cat and dog outline.
Can you think of any famous cat and dog duos? Kitbull is a Pixar SparkShort about the relationship that forms between an abandoned kitten and an abused pit bull wounded in a fight.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Brutus and Pixie are the dynamic canine/feline companions from the Pet Foolery webcomic. Brutus is a German shepherd with a scar on his face, and Pixie is the rambunctious kitty he protects.
And of course, we can't forget Nickelodeon's CatDog, featuring two animals that were literally joined at the hip.
For more fun dog drawing ideas, see this how to draw a puppy tutorial.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cat and Dog
How to Draw a Great Looking Cat and Dog for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cat and dog outline by drawing the dog's face. Draw the round nose with a slight point on the bottom. Draw a rounded "W" below it to form the mouth.
One arm of the "W" should touch the side of the nose and the other should meet a short curved line at the corner of the mouth. Then, draw an irregular oval shape for each eye. Shade a partial oval to indicate the pupils in each. Draw curved lines above the eyes to form the eyelids and brows.
Easy Cat and Dog Drawing - Step 2
2. Sketch the rest of the cartoon dog's head. Use curved lines to outline his open mouth and lolling tongue. Use a long curved line for the side of the face, and overlapping "U" shaped lines for the fur on top of the head.
Easy Cat and Dog Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the dog's ears. Use wavy curved lines and double them back upon themselves. Then, use curved lines connected at jagged points to form the fur on the side of the face.
Easy Cat and Dog Drawing - Step 4
4. Next, begin drawing the cat's face. Draw two irregular round shapes for the eyes and shade a circle inside each. Draw a curved line above each eye to form eyebrows. Enclose a small rounded triangle for the nose, with a rounded 'W" shaped mouth beneath it. Use curved lines for the whiskers and chin.
Easy Cat and Dog Drawing - Step 5
5. Outline the kitten's playful face. Use curved lines that meet at points to trace the fur, cheeks, and ears. Detail the insides of the ears with additional curved lines.
Easy Cat and Dog Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the cat's body. Use a long curved line and double it back upon itself to form the back and tail. Use overlapping curved lines for the furry chest and forepaw. Detail the paw with short curved lines.
Easy Cat and Dog Drawing - Step 7
7. Use a curved line to enclose the cat's remaining paw. Then, detail its hip and shoulder with curved lines. Use connected curved lines to draw the fur of the dog's chest.
Add More Details to Your Cat and Dog Picture - Step 8
8. Extend long curved lines from the chest and double them back on themselves the enclose the dog's front legs. Detail the bend of the elbow with curved lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Cat and Dog Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your cat and dog outline by using a long curved line to enclose the dog's neck and body. Then, draw his furry tail. Use a long curved line for the top of the tail and connected curved lines for the bottom.
Color Your Cat and Dog Drawing
Color your cartoon dog and cat.
Would you like to draw another dog? See this delightful happy dog drawing guide.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cat and Dog Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).