Learn how to draw a great looking Coconut with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Coconut.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
"I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts. There they are, all standing in a row - big ones, small ones, some as big as your head..." - "I've Got a Lovely Bunch of Coconuts"
Would you like to learn how to draw a coconut cartoon? This easy, step-by-step food drawing tutorial will help you master the cartoon coconut outline.
A coconut is a tropical fruit that grows on the coconut palm tree.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The name of the fruit comes from a Portuguese word meaning "head" or "skull."
If you recall Zazu's song from The Lion King, you know that coconuts can grow as large as your head!
Did you know? Coconuts take a year to ripen! Each palm tree can produce up to 100 coconuts each year.
Though they originated in the islands between Asia and Australia, coconuts can be found in tropical regions all over the world.
They can float on the waves for many months in search of a new home. In another pop culture reference from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, two knights argue over how many small birds it would take to carry a two-pound coconut from the tropics to chilly Europe.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Acorns, Watermelon Slice, and Pumpkin.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Coconut
How to Draw a Great Looking Coconut for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the coconut outline by sketching the round shape of the cut-open fruit. Draw two long "C" shaped lines parallel to one another. Connect the edges of the outer line with a "V" shaped line.
Draw another straight line parallel to one side, completing the inner line. Connect the straight line to the "V" shaped line at the top and bottom.
Easy Coconut Drawing - Step 2
2. Use a long curved line to trace the round exterior of the sliced fruit. Then, detail the flesh inside the coconut using short curved lines.
Easy Coconut Drawing - Step 3
3. Continue to detail the inside of the coconut with long and short lines. Then, draw curved lines on the outside of the fruit, giving it a hairy exterior.
Easy Coconut Drawing - Step 4
4. Use a long curved line to sketch the round shape of a second coconut, partially hidden by the first.
Easy Coconut Drawing - Step 5
5. Use short curved lines to draw several small circles on the coconut. Notice that the lines don't quite meet. The "holes" are the remnants of the flower that created the coconut.
Easy Coconut Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw long curved lines on the exterior of the coconut to indicate the hairy, fibrous husk called coir.
Easy Coconut Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw more hairy coconut coir using curved lines.
Add More Details to Your Coconut Picture - Step 8
8. Draw another coconut using curved lines. Let the lines meet at a point at the top. Texture it with curved lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Coconut Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your coconut outline by adding more hairy texture to the final coconut.
Color Your Coconut Drawing
Color your cartoon coconut. Unripe coconuts have a green shell. The hairy exterior is brown and the flesh inside is white.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Coconut Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).