Learn how to draw a great looking Dog Biscuit with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Dog Biscuit.
Dog biscuits are a common sight in dog owners' pantries. Yet these protein-packed cookies were originally created by accident. Would you like to draw a dog biscuit?
Legend has it that a London butcher in the late 1800s was attempting to make a new biscuit recipe for his human customers. He tasted his creation, disliked it, and promptly threw it to his dog.
The dog loved it, and it gave the butcher the idea of marketing a biscuit just for dogs. He made it in the shape of a bone, and they began to sell. In 1908, the idea was introduced to the United States.
Dog biscuits are often formed in the shape of a bone - a rod with two knobs at each end.
Milk-bone is a popular brand name, and for many years it was the only producer of commercial dog treats.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Others are iced and decorated like fancy cookies. Don't be fooled, however - these cookies are meat flavored, not sweet. Some people even make homemade dog biscuits.
Would you like to draw a cartoon dog biscuit to show your favorite animated pooch how much you care?
Follow the step-by-step instructions of this unique cartoon dog treat drawing tutorial. You'll need nothing but a pen, pencil, marker, or crayon.
See also, Beginner Tips for Drawing a Cartoon Dog.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Dog Biscuit
How to Draw a Great Looking Dog Biscuit for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a curved line to form an incomplete rounded shape. This is one of the knobs at the end of the dog bone. Then, draw a long curved line to begin outlining the middle of the treat.
Easy Dog Biscuit Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a curved line across the top of the knob to indicate its cylindrical shape. At the opposite end of the doggie treat, use a curved line to enclose the incomplete round shape of another knob.
Easy Dog Biscuit Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a curved line across the knob drawn in the previous to indicate its cylindrical shape. Then, use a curved line to draw another knob beside it.
Easy Dog Biscuit Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the remaining knob and the top of the shaft, using a curved line for each.
Easy Dog Biscuit Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a straight line down the length of the shaft to give the cookie a three-dimensional appearance. Draw curved lines across the ends of two of the knobs.
Easy Dog Biscuit Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw curved lines across the remaining knobs. Then, texture the biscuit with small ovals.
Easy Dog Biscuit Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw more small ovals on the front of the cookie. Then, use curved lines to outline the letter "G."
Add More Details to Your Dog Biscuit Picture - Step 8
8. Continue outlining letters to spell the word "GOOD."
Complete the Outline of Your Dog Biscuit Drawing - Step 9
9. Outline the letters "DOG."
Color Your Dog Biscuit Drawing
Color your cartoon dog biscuit.
Bone-shaped biscuits like this one may be brown in color, or dyed orange, red, green, or other colors.
For more easy and cute animal drawing tutorials, see the collection of Fun and Easy Drawings of Fluffy Animals for Children.
For all dog and canine drawings, see the Get Started with Easy to Follow Drawings of Pooches for Kids page.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Dog Biscuit Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).