Learn how to draw a great looking French Bulldog with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect French Bulldog.
The French bulldog, sometimes called a Frenchie, is a smart and playful small dog. They stand about 12 inches (30 centimeters) tall and weigh less than 30 pounds (13 kilograms). Their lifespan is up to 12 years.
This small bulldog sports trademark "bat ears" and a very short nose. It is a muscular breed that makes a good watchdog, even though it doesn't bark much. They are popular in cities as they require little outdoor exercise.
Is the French bulldog really French? Yes, it is! The breed was developed in France during the 1800s. In popular culture, it has made appearances in films such as Secondhand Lions, Due Date, and Bringing Down the House.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw a cartoon of an adorable French bulldog? This easy, step-by-step cartoon animal drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished puppy.
See also, A Guide for Drawing a Cartoon Dog.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a French Bulldog
How to Draw a Great Looking French Bulldog for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle. This will form the dog's head.
Easy French Bulldog Drawing - Step 2
2. Erase portions of the circle, and fill them with two curved lines. These indicate the bulldog's sagging jowls. Texture each jowl with several curved lines.
Easy French Bulldog Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the dog's nose. Draw a highly rounded inverted triangle, and indicate the nostrils by drawing small spirals. Draw a curved line above the nose to contour the muzzle.
Easy French Bulldog Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the eyes, erasing as necessary. For each eye, draw a large circle, Inside it, enclose a shape using a large and small "C" shaped line. Draw a curved line above each eye to indicate the brow.
Easy French Bulldog Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the bulldog's ears, erasing as necessary. For each ear, draw a long curved line and double it back upon itself. Contour the side of the ear with an additional curved line.
Easy French Bulldog Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a long curved line from the head and double it back upon itself to enclose the dog's irregularly shaped body. Use a short curved line to enclose the stubby tail.
Easy French Bulldog Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the legs, erasing as necessary. Outline each rear leg using a long curved line. Draw short curved lines at the tip of the paw to indicate the toes.
Add More Details to Your French Bulldog Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the foreleg, erasing as necessary. Outline the leg using a pair of curved lines. Enclose the toes using overlapping "U" shaped lines. Contour the shoulder with another short curved line.
Complete the Outline of Your French Bulldog Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw the remaining foreleg. Outline the leg with a pair of curved lines, and draw overlapping "U" shaped lines to form the toes.
Color Your French Bulldog Drawing
Color your cartoon French bulldog. French bulldogs may be white, cream, tan, brown, or black, and many have markings on the face. Some are brindle - striped in black and brown.
Take your art skills to obedience school with our collection of canine drawing guides.
For more great Drawing Ideas tutorials, see the 100 Cute Drawing Ideas Designs post.
For more easy and cute animal drawing tutorials, see the collection of Creative Ideas for Drawing Furry Animals for Kids.
For all dog and canine drawings, see the Unleash Your Inner Artist with Easy Step-by-Step Dog Drawing Tutorials for Kids page.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
French Bulldog Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).