Learn how to draw a great looking Dragon Skull with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Dragon Skull.
Dragons are famous mythological creatures that humans have told stories about for centuries. No one has ever found a dragon skeleton, but when you draw a cartoon dragon skull, you can imagine that you're an archeologist who found a skeleton for the first time in history.
What would you do if you found a dragon skull? Maybe you'd donate it to a museum or display it in your bedroom.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Either way, this cartoon dragon skull has horns, sharp teeth and a fierce expression--just like a living dragon. Hang up the drawing in your room so the skull will scare away people that you don't like.
Before you start, find a few sheets of blank paper and a pencil. Outline the drawing with a black pen, then use your favorite coloring tools to complete your cartoon dragon skull. Once you've mastered this drawing, you'll have the skulls to draw a living cartoon dragon.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Dragon Skull
How to Draw a Great Looking Dragon Skull for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Draw an egg shape for the eye socket. Next, draw a curved line over this shape that dips downward. Bring the line upward and draw loose triangle shapes like flames.
Easy Dragon Skull Drawing - Step 2
2. On the left, draw an uneven line with loops like small flames. Add an arrow-shaped line between the shapes that you just sketched. For the snout, start with a loose M-shape like a drawing of a bird from a distance, then complete the line with a pointed hook.
Easy Dragon Skull Drawing - Step 3
3. Use uneven, jagged lines to start the top section of the jaw where the teeth will be. Add a triangle for the nostril and three more triangles for the front teeth. Sketch an upside-down L-shape near the middle of the skull.
Easy Dragon Skull Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw curved triangles for the teeth. Above the teeth, add a loosely triangular shape like a Hershey's kiss. Add a curved, uneven line like a bent wire to complete the top half of the jaw, then draw another L-shape on top.
Easy Dragon Skull Drawing - Step 5
5. Add a squiggly line to the right, then sketch more triangles for the teeth.
Easy Dragon Skull Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a loose, uneven line for the bottom half of the jaw. Sketch a large triangle on the right, then add curved lines to give the jaw more depth.
Easy Dragon Skull Drawing - Step 7
7. To start the left horn, draw a line shaped like the scalloped edge of a shell, then use straight lines to create a horn that ends in a point. Add more lines to give the skull texture and depth.
Add More Details to Your Dragon Skull Picture - Step 8
8. Repeat this process for the right horn, and sketch a line in the middle that connects the two shapes.
Complete the Outline of Your Dragon Skull Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a wavy line on the right, then sketch two more triangles. Add a few more lines throughout the skull. Outline your entire drawing with a black marker or pen.
Color Your Dragon Skull Drawing
To complete your cartoon dragon skull, fill in the outline with shades of grayish-brown. Use the darkest shades for the inside of the skull to show depth.
For more great Dragon drawing tutorials, see the 50 Easy Dragon Drawing Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Dragon Skull Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).