Learn how to draw a great looking Fig with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Fig.
The fig was one of the first fruits cultivated by humans. You can learn how to draw a fig with the help of this easy, step-by-step fruit drawing tutorial.
How will you use your fig drawing? You could use it to illustrate a menu or recipe. For example, does your family have a tradition of eating figgy pudding for the holidays? Or it could fill this cornucopia drawing.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Figs are a simple fruit to draw. They are roughly teardrop shaped.
Our illustration features both a whole fig and one that has been cut open to reveal the pulp inside.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Fig
How to Draw a Great Looking Fig for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the fig outline by drawing a teardrop shape. At the top, do not connect the lines at a point. Instead, draw a short line between them, creating a flat stem.
Easy Fig Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a curved line roughly parallel to the side of the fruit, distinguishing the skin from the cut side. Detail the pulpy center by drawing a series of connected, curved lines to create a round shape.
Easy Fig Drawing - Step 3
3. Continue to draw a series of short lines to enclose a circular shape in the center of the fruit.
Easy Fig Drawing - Step 4
4. Use a series of connected "U" and "V" shaped lines to create a starburst pattern in the center of the fig.
Easy Fig Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw curved lines extending from the starburst at the center of the fruit.
Easy Fig Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw partial oval shapes between the curved lines. These indicate the fig's seeds.
Easy Fig Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw more oval-shaped seeds within the fig. Then, draw the teardrop shape of a second fig, partially hidden by the first. Again, do not connect the lines at a point; instead, draw a short, flat line between them.
Add More Details to Your Fig Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a series of curved lines across the base of the fig, marking the bottom of the stem. Texture the side of the fruit with long curved lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Fig Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a curved line across the top of the cut fig, at the base of its stem. Continue to texture the skin of the second fig with long curved lines.
Your cartoon fig outline is complete.
Color Your Fig Drawing
Color your figs. We have given our figs purple skin, with juicy red flesh bordered in white. But figs naturally come in many different colors. Some are brown, orange, yellow, or even bright green with darker stripes. The inner flesh is typically pink to red, with a white or cream border.
For more great fruit drawing tutorials, see the collection of Easy Fruit Drawings for Kids.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Fig Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).