Learn how to draw a great looking Guava with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Guava.
Would you like to learn how to draw a guava? This easy, step-by-step fruit drawing tutorial can show you how to sketch this tropical favorite.
You will start with simple lines, adding detail until you have completed the pear-shaped fruit drawing. Notice that one of the fruits in the drawing is cut open, revealing the pink flesh and seeds inside.
It looks a bit like a tiny watermelon, does it not?
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
This cartoon guava is a realistic fruit drawing. How can you use it? Make a menu, design a cookbook, or include it in a school report about the tropical regions of South and Central America.
Get your pencils and crayons ready, it is time to draw a tasty guava.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Guava
How to Draw a Great Looking Guava for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Draw long curved lines that nearly meet at the top and bottom, forming a pear or upside-down heart shape. At the bottom of the shape, fill the gap between the lines with a shorter line.
Easy Guava Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a stem at the top of the fruit. Use a long line and double it back upon itself. Connect it to the "shoulders" of the fruit with short curved lines. Then, trace the edge of the skin visible on the cut side of the fruit. Use long curved lines that run parallel to the outline.
Easy Guava Drawing - Step 3
3. Detail and texture the cut side of the guava. Draw straight lines down the middle, and wavy lines in a circle around the center. Finally, draw short, straight lines extending outward.
Easy Guava Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw small, teardrop-shaped seeds around the center of the guava. Texture the fruit's flesh with more short, straight lines.
Easy Guava Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw teardrop-shaped seeds on the opposite side. Again, texture the surface with short, straight lines.
Easy Guava Drawing - Step 6
6. Use a long curved line to trace the round outline of a second guava, partially hidden by the first.
Easy Guava Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw wavy lines converging at a side point on the bottom side of the fruit.
Add More Details to Your Guava Picture - Step 8
8. Use a long curved line to enclose the irregular round outline of the third guava fruit.
Complete the Outline of Your Guava Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a stem on top of the guava, erasing as needed. Draw a wavy line at the top of the fruit. Then, extend a curved line and double it back upon itself to enclose the stem. Extend three curved lines from the stem, and allow two of them to meet at a point, forming the leaf. Finally, give the fruit a round appearance by drawing curved lines on its surface.
Your sketch of a guava is now complete.
Color Your Guava Drawing
Color your cartoon guava. The thick skin of the guava is green or yellow, sometimes displaying a subtle striping. The inside of the fruit is reddish pink.
For more great fruit drawing tutorials, see the collection of Beginner Fruit Drawing Tutorials.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Guava Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).