Learn how to draw a great looking Fox Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Fox Face.
Foxes are smart mammals that hunt their prey at night. When you learn to draw a fox face, you can learn about animal anatomy.
When people think about foxes, they typically think about red foxes with black feet and bright orange fur.
However, there are multiple fox species in the world, including the gray fox and fennec fox. Some foxes are brown, gray or white instead of orange.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Books, movies, cartoons and TV shows, like the Disney movie Robin Hood, often portray foxes as clever and sneaky.
Reynard the Fox is an example of a mythological fox from the Middle Ages.
Once you're done with this guide, you can draw a different fox, like a cute baby fox. You could even draw a whole fox family living in their den.
Ask your parents or guardian if you have a nature reserve nearby--you might be able to see a fox in person.
See also, Simple Guide to Drawing a Husky.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Fox Face
How to Draw a Great Looking Fox Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. For each eye, draw two diagonal lines, then connect them with a curve. Draw two circles inside each eye with a small circle cut out of the pupil.
Easy Fox Face Drawing - Step 2
2. Underneath the eyes, draw a semi-hexagon with a curve on the top. Draw a round W-shape underneath, then add dashes on either side.
Easy Fox Face Drawing - Step 3
3. Add a curve beneath the mouth. Sketch dashes above and between the eyes.
Easy Fox Face Drawing - Step 4
4. On the right, outline the fox head with loose, sketchy triangles to represent fur.
Easy Fox Face Drawing - Step 5
5. Repeat this previous step on the other side of the head. The sides don't have to be perfectly even.
Easy Fox Face Drawing - Step 6
6. For the right ear, draw a rounded triangle similar to the ears on an arctic fox. Add a tuft on the tip of the ear. Sketch a curvy L-shape to give the ear depth, and draw a few dashes on the right.
Easy Fox Face Drawing - Step 7
7. Repeat the previous step to outline the left ear. The drawing should be flipped in the opposite direction.
Add More Details to Your Fox Face Picture - Step 8
8. Sketch a curve to complete the head, then use triangles to add spikes in the inner ears.
Complete the Outline of Your Fox Face Drawing - Step 9
9. Add dashes inside the fox face to give your cartoon drawing more texture. To complete your cartoon fox face, outline the drawing in black. You can use different markers and pens to make certain lines thicker and bolder.
Color Your Fox Face Drawing
Finally, color the fox head orange with darker orange and gray for the shadows. Leave the unshaded parts of the fur white. Add green for the eyes..
For more easy, cartoony drawing tutorials, see the collection of Step-by-Step Art Projects for Drawing Cute Cartoons.
For all dog and canine drawings, see the Step-by-Step Tutorials for Drawing Dogs page.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Fox Face Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).