Learn how to draw a great looking Heart Line Drawing with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Heart Line Drawing drawing.
When you are learning how to draw, simple line drawings are a good place to start. You can master this heart line drawing while building skills and confidence.
The heart outline is an easy shape to master. It consists of just two lines. The lines meet at two downward-facing points.
Did you know? Heart shapes have a long history in art.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
They date back to at least the thirteenth century, to a miniature painting of a man offering something in the shape of a heart to his love. The text reveals that the object may have been a fruit - a pear.
The cartoon heart shape is described as a pictogram - "an abstract symbol rather than a realistic drawing." We use it to symbolize love because we imagine that we feel love in our physical hearts.
But the heart shape today bears little resemblance to the anatomical heart.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Heart Line Drawing
How to Draw a Great Looking Heart Line Drawing for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the heart line drawing outline by tracing a long curved line with a spiral curl on one end.
Easy Heart Line Drawing Drawing - Step 2
2. Continue the previous line from its uppermost point. Cross it over itself, forming another curl.
At the top of this line, extend another long curved line. This will become the side of the heart.
Easy Heart Line Drawing Drawing - Step 3
3. Extend the line to form the side and lobe of the heart. Then, draw another line, forming the second lobe and side. Notice that the lines do not meet at the bottom point.
Easy Heart Line Drawing Drawing - Step 4
4. From the end of the previous line, extend another curved line upward. It should cross over the previous line and form the side and lobe of a second heart.
From it, extend another line to form the remaining lobe of the second heart.
Easy Heart Line Drawing Drawing - Step 5
5. Continue this line to form the side of the heart, but it should not meet at a bottom point. Instead, double it back upon itself and allow it to cross over itself in a curling shape.
Easy Heart Line Drawing Drawing - Step 6
6. Extend the previous line, allowing it to curl over itself at the end.
Easy Heart Line Drawing Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw another small heart overlapping the edge of the second heart.
Add More Details to Your Heart Line Drawing Picture - Step 8
8. Draw another small heart below the other hearts.
Complete the Outline of Your Heart Line Drawing Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your heart line drawing outline by drawing a final small heart above the others.
Color Your Heart Line Drawing Drawing
You can color your cartoon heart line drawing if you wish, or leave it as a simple black and white line drawing.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Heart Line Drawing Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).