Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Mom with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Mom.
Mother, mom, ma, mommy, mum, mama, mumsy, madre - whatever you call her, mothers are special people. Biologically, a mother is the female parent of a child. Aunts, grandmothers, and adoptive parents may also fill this nurturing role.
Motherhood has long been depicted in art and literature. Many ancient peoples worshipped "mother goddesses" who were often fertility deities or a personification of some aspect of nature.
We see this concept surviving today in phrases such as "Mother Earth" and "Mother Nature."
Later, motherhood was a major concept in Christian iconography and medieval European sculpture and painting. Many artists depicted the biblical figure Mary with the infant Jesus. Others strove to capture the tenderness of the mother-child bond.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Mothers play a very special role in society. Infants are dependent on maternal care for survival, a role which continues in varying degrees until or even into adulthood.
Mothers also teach their children and introduce them to the culture and social structure. Show your mother how much you appreciate her by drawing her a picture today!
Would you like to draw a cute cartoon mom? This easy, step-by-step cartoon person drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Mom
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Mom for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing an oval to outline the woman's face. Then, draw a vertical line down the middle of the oval, and a straight horizontal line just below the center. The lines should meet at a perpendicular angle. These guide lines will help you place the features of the face.
Easy Cartoon Mom Drawing - Step 2
2. Begin drawing the eyes just above the horizontal guide line. For each, use a curved line for the base and an inverted "U" shaped line to enclose the top and sides. Enclose a partial oval within each eye to form the pupil. Use curved lines to draw the eyebrow above the eye and eyelashes on its outer edge.
Easy Cartoon Mom Drawing - Step 3
3. Erase the horizontal guide line. Then, use the vertical guide line to help you trace the nose, using a curved line. Draw an oval-shaped blush on each cheek. Use a wide curved line to form the smiling mouth, capped on each end with a short curved line.
Easy Cartoon Mom Drawing - Step 4
4. Erase the vertical guide line. Then, draw the mom's hair. Use overlapping curved lines to draw the hairline and the bangs falling across the face. Use long curved lines to trace the outer edges of the hair. Attach these to the cheeks using a series of short curved lines that meet at jagged points. Draw a curved, triangle-shaped hair barrette in the hair.
Easy Cartoon Mom Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a curved "V" shaped line below the head to form the neck. Then, use curved lines to trace the sleeves and torso of the shirt. Draw another curved line parallel to the bottom of each sleeve, indicating the hem.
Easy Cartoon Mom Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the skirt. Extend curved lines from the shirt, and connect them at the bottom using a wavy line.
Easy Cartoon Mom Drawing - Step 7
7. Use series of overlapping curved lines to sketch the arms. Notice that one arm is partially hidden behind the back.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Mom Picture - Step 8
8. Contour the fabric of the skirt using curved lines. Draw the legs by extending a curved line below the skirt and doubling it back upon itself to enclose the irregular shape.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Mom Drawing - Step 9
9. Use a series of curved lines to sketch the high heeled shoes.
Color Your Cartoon Mom Drawing
Color your cartoon mom.
For more great Cartoons drawing tutorials, see the 51 Easy to Draw Cartoons Drawing Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Mom Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).