Learn how to draw a great looking Lemon Tree with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Lemon Tree.
The lemon is a familiar fruit. You can learn how to draw a lemon tree with the aid of this simple, step-by-step houseplant drawing tutorial.
Do you like the taste of lemons, or do they make your mouth pucker? An old folk song says, "Lemon tree, very pretty, and the lemon flower is sweet. But the fruit of the poor lemon is impossible to eat!"
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
But eat the lemon we do! The sour juice is used in many sweet and savory dishes. Lemonade - made from lemon juice, water, and sugar - is a beloved beverage around the world.
In fact, lemons have been cultivated throughout the world for at least 2,000 years.
Did you know? Lemon trees make excellent houseplants. Do you want to add one to your collection? Create your wishlist with the help of this cartoon outline.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Lemon Tree
How to Draw a Great Looking Lemon Tree for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the lemon tree outline and draw a flower pot. First, draw an oval - that is the opening of the pot. Around it, draw a rounded trapezoid.
This is the rim of the pot. Enclose another rounded trapezoid below it, forming the base of the pot. From the opening, extend a pair of curved lines, erasing as necessary. This is the trunk of the tree. Draw curved lines at the bottom to indicate the dirt.
Easy Lemon Tree Drawing - Step 2
2. Extend pairs of curved lines that branch and meet at sharp points. These are the limbs of the lemon tree.
Easy Lemon Tree Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw leaves along the branches. For each, extend a line from the tree, forming the stem and leaf vein. Enclose a pointed shape around it.
Easy Lemon Tree Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw cartoon lemons hanging from the branches of the tree. Extend a short line downward. Draw a leaf alongside this stem. Then, enclose the irregular round shape of the lemon, noting that it is gently pointed at the bottom.
Easy Lemon Tree Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw more leaves along the upper branch. For each, extend a curved line to create the stem and vein. Then, enclose the pointed shape of the leaf around it.
Easy Lemon Tree Drawing - Step 6
6. Extend more pointed branches above the central trunk of the trees. Draw leaves and a lemon growing from the branch.
Easy Lemon Tree Drawing - Step 7
7. Extend another pair of lines from the central trunk, forming another branch. Draw leaves and a lemon growing from it. Draw more leaves along the upper branches.
Add More Details to Your Lemon Tree Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a final set of pointed twigs extending from behind the lemon. Draw leaves along the twigs.
Complete the Outline of Your Lemon Tree Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your lemon tree outline by drawing more leaves along the top and side of the tree.
Color Your Lemon Tree Drawing
Color your cartoon lemon tree. Unripe lemons are green, like limes. When ripe and ready to eat, lemons turn bright yellow.
Remember - when life gives you lemons, make lemonade! (or at least learn how to draw lemonade with the help of this drawing guide)
For more great tree drawing tutorials, see the collection of Beginner Tree Drawing Tutorials.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Lemon Tree Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).