Learn how to draw a great looking Male Face from the Side Profile with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Male Face from the Side Profile.
Are you good at drawing people? Many budding artists find this task particularly intimidating. You can learn how to draw a male face from the side profile with the help of this easy, step-by-step cartoon drawing tutorial.
Instead, the viewer sees the side of their face, and they are looking off to the side. The shape of the forehead, nose, mouth, and chin are given the utmost importance.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Profile portraits can be simple or complex. For several centuries, shadow portraits known as silhouettes were popular.
The likeness of the person in profile was sketched, cut out, and mounted on a lighter paper.
You can add as much or as little detail as you like to the following profile cartoon.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Male Face from the Side Profile
How to Draw a Great Looking Male Face from the Side Profile for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the male face from the side profile outline by drawing the eye. Use curved lines to enclose the triangular shape. Then, draw an oval within an oval along the triangle’s short side. Shade the smaller oval to indicate the pupil.
Easy Male Face from the Side Profile Drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved lines to contour the eyelids above and below the eye. Then, draw the elongated teardrop shape that represents the eyebrow.
Easy Male Face from the Side Profile Drawing - Step 3
3. Use a long curved line to draw the profile of the man’s forehead and nose.
Easy Male Face from the Side Profile Drawing - Step 4
4. Continue the previous line to sketch the front of the mouth and lips. Then, use shorter curved lines to outline the nostril and mouth. Don’t forget the small line at the corner of the mouth.
Easy Male Face from the Side Profile Drawing - Step 5
5. Contour the lips by drawing curved lines above and below the mouth. Continue the profile line to encompass the chin. From this line, extend another curved line to outline the jaw. Notice that these lines do not meet.
Easy Male Face from the Side Profile Drawing - Step 6
6. Sketch the ear. Outline it using a “C” shaped line. Then, use overlapping curved lines to contour within it.
Easy Male Face from the Side Profile Drawing - Step 7
7. Begin sketching the man’s hair. Use a series of curved lines that doubles back upon itself above the forehead. Note that some of the lines meet at points.
Add More Details to Your Male Face from the Side Profile Picture - Step 8
8. Use curved lines to outline the sideburns between the ear and hairline, as well as the front and back of the neck.
Complete the Outline of Your Male Face from the Side Profile Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your male face from the side profile outline by enclosing the hair at the back of the head. Again, use a series of long and short curved lines, some of which meet at points. Contour the neck with a curved line.
Color Your Male Face from the Side Profile Drawing
Color your cartoon male face from the side profile outline.
Would you like to draw this character from a different angle? Check out our male face drawing tutorial.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Male Face from the Side Profile Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).