Learn how to draw a great looking Man's Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Man's Face.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Drawing people is an essential skill for every artist. Yet, it can also be the most challenging. You can use this man’s face drawing tutorial to take your portrait skills to the next level.
A portrait is a "representation of a person, in which the face and its expressions are predominant." Faces in portraits look directly at the viewer.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Whether you want to focus on cartoon or realistic drawings, sketching a man's face will follow these same basic steps.
Additionally, once you've mastered the basics here, you can use your portrait-drawing skills to illustrate different emotions or to sketch different people. Let's get started.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Man, Anime Boy Face, and Chibi Boy.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Man's Face
How to Draw a Great Looking Man's Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the man’s face outline by drawing the eyes. Use curved lines to enclose the double-pointed almond shapes. Then, draw a circle inside a circle within each eye. Shade the pupils.
Easy Man's Face Drawing - Step 2
2. Contour the upper and lower eyelids with curved lines. Then, outline the thick, pointed eyebrows.
Easy Man's Face Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the man’s nose. Use curved lines to outline the bridge of the nose, its tip, and nostrils.
Easy Man's Face Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the man’s lips. Use a long curved line for the opening of the mouth, with an additional curved line above and below it. Then, draw a small line at each corner.
Easy Man's Face Drawing - Step 5
5. Use curved lines to sketch the neck, chin, and sides of the face. Notice how the line of the chin slightly overlaps those of the cheeks.
Easy Man's Face Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the ears. Use a “C” shaped line for the outer edge of each ear, with additional curved lines contouring inside it.
Easy Man's Face Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the man’s hair. Use a series of overlapping lines to draw the sweep of hair at the top of the head, some of them meeting at points. Use additional curved lines to indicate the sideburns above the ears.
Add More Details to Your Man's Face Picture - Step 8
8. Continue drawing the hair at the side and top of the head. Again, use a series of curved lines, some of which meet at points.
Complete the Outline of Your Man's Face Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your cartoon man’s face outline by enclosing the remaining hair above the ear. Then, texture the hair with short lines.
Color Your Man's Face Drawing
Color your cartoon man’s face outline. In our illustration, the man is blonde, but you can get creative and give him any hair and skin tones you’d like.
Check out our related tutorial, the male face from the side profile, to learn how to draw this character from a different angle!
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Man's Face Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).