Learn how to draw a great looking Man with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Man.
Male animals are not referred to as "men," but males of a species may still have special names - a male goose is called a gander, for instance, and a male horse is called a stallion.
A number of characteristics visually distinguish men from women. Men can grow facial hair, including beards and mustaches. Men often have broader shoulders and a protrusion on the throat known as the larynx or Adam's apple.
Men also typically have deeper voices than children or women. Hairstyles and styles of clothing have also differed between men and women throughout much of history, although this is often not the case today.
Art has often sought to capture masculinity, manhood, or manliness - "a set of attributes, behaviors, and roles associated with boys and men." One famous example is the statue David by the sculptor Michelangelo. It has been called "the classical image of youthful male beauty in Western art."
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw a trendy cartoon guy? This easy, step-by-step cartoon character drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Man
How to Draw a Great Looking Man for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by sketching the shape of the head using a long curved line. Use a "C" shaped line to indicate the ear. Then, draw two lines across the face, one vertical and one horizontal. These lines should meet at a perpendicular angle. These guide lines will help you to place the features of the face.
Easy Man Drawing - Step 2
2. Detail the face. Draw ovals overlapping the horizontal guide line to form the eyes. Draw a curved line across the top of each, then enclose the eyebrows using curved lines. Draw the nose along the vertical line, using an "L" shaped curved line. Use a long curved line for the mouth, with very short lines just beyond each end. Detail the inside of the ear with curved lines.
Easy Man Drawing - Step 3
3. Erase the guide lines from the face. Then, use overlapping curved lines to sketch the hair. Notice the curved lines that meet at points to form locks of hair.
Easy Man Drawing - Step 4
4. Extend two lines below the head to form the guy’s neck. Draw a pair of parallel curved lines at the base of the neck, and connect them on the ends to form the collar of the shirt. Then, extend long curved lines to form the man’s shoulders.
Easy Man Drawing - Step 5
5. Next, use pairs of curved lines to sketch the guy’s muscular arms crossed across the chest.
Easy Man Drawing - Step 6
6. Use curved lines to outline the hands and fingers, partially hidden behind the crossed arms. Contour the fabric of the shirt at the underarm using curved lines.
Easy Man Drawing - Step 7
7. Use curved lines to outline the rectangular shape of the torso. Outline a narrow, curved rectangle below it, indicating the shirt's hem. Contour the fabric with a curved line.
Add More Details to Your Man Picture - Step 8
8. Next, draw the pants. Use long curved lines to outline the legs; notice how the lines overlap to form folds in the fabric at the bottom. Use curved lines to outline the pockets and rectangular fly.
Complete the Outline of Your Man Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw the shoes. Outline the tongue, body, nose, and sole of the shoe using curved lines. Draw short lines across the tongue to indicate the laces.
Color Your Man Drawing
Color your cartoon man.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Man Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).