Learn how to draw a great looking Nyan Cat with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Nyan Cat.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
With over 200 million views, Nyan Cat is one of the world's most famous viral videos. Learn how to draw a Nyan Cat so you can own a piece of Internet history.
In 2011, an artist created an animated cartoon cat with a Pop-Tart for a body and a rainbow floating behind the cat as they soar through the skies.
Later, other creators uploaded YouTube videos that paired the animation with Japanese music. The video became one of the biggest viral clips in Internet history.
This video is so iconic that people still release their own versions and remixes of Nyan Cat. The artist based Nyan Cat on his real cat, making the popular video a fitting tribute.
What do you think his cat would have thought about the sudden popularity?
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Nyan Cat is easy to draw because basic geometric shapes make up the outline. Once you've mastered this drawing, you can take on more complex characters, like Jiji the cat.
You can also start drawing more realistic cats.
In any case, start with a pencil sketch, then outline your drawing and use your favorite coloring tools. You can use a ruler to make sure the straight lines are perfect.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Easy Step by Step Cat Drawing for Kids, Cat and Dog, and Cat Fish.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Nyan Cat
How to Draw a Great Looking Nyan Cat for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Start with a rectangle with rounded corners, then add a smaller rectangle inside this shape.
Easy Nyan Cat Drawing - Step 2
2. To the right, sketch an oval. Add two triangles with rounded tops for the ears.
Easy Nyan Cat Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw two circles inside the oval. Sketch smaller circles inside these shapes, and cut them out. Add a rounded triangle for the nose like you're drawing a regular cartoon cat.
Easy Nyan Cat Drawing - Step 4
4. Make a vertical line underneath the nose, then sketch two curves underneath. Add ovals for the cheeks.
Easy Nyan Cat Drawing - Step 5
5. Sketch loops underneath the body for the feet.
Easy Nyan Cat Drawing - Step 6
6. Add the last leg and draw another loop for the tail, similar to a cat in clothes.
Easy Nyan Cat Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw circles inside the body, then sketch two wavy lines on the left.
Add More Details to Your Nyan Cat Picture - Step 8
8. Sketch parallel wavy lines to make a rainbow. Use circles and lines for the stars around the cartoon Nyan Cat.
Complete the Outline of Your Nyan Cat Drawing - Step 9
9. Outline more stars around the cat's body. Make them different sizes for variety.
Color Your Nyan Cat Drawing
Finally, outline your cartoon Nyan Cat with black and fill in the eyes and nose.
Use bright shades to color the rainbow on the left. Add gray for the cat's body, dark blue for the background and different shades of pink for the cheeks and Pop-Tart.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Nyan Cat Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).