Learn how to draw a great looking Pitbull Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Pitbull Face.
The pitbull is a divisive canine - people either love them or don't like them. Learn how to draw a pitbull face and show your love for this unique dog breed.
The pit bull terrier was first bred in Great Britain during the 1800s. They were given their name in 1927.
The forebears of the pitbull were strong dogs able to take on animals such as bulls or bears.
Unfortunately, they were trained to participate in dog fights, and sometimes attacked humans as well. Today, advocates of the breed are still trying to overcome this negative reputation.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Pitbulls make intimidating and heartwarming cartoon characters. One example of this is the Pixar short Kitbull, about a fighting dog who befriends a tiny kitten. Another is Arnold the pitbull from Tiny Toon Adventures.
If you enjoy drawing this dog's face, check out this detailed pug face.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Pitbull Face
How to Draw a Great Looking Pitbull Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the pitbull face outline by drawing the dog's almond-shaped eyes. Use two curved lines to sketch each eye. Then, shade round pupils inside them.
Easy Pitbull Face Drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved lines to sketch the dog's nose. Use a curved line for the top of the nose, and two spiral-shaped lines that double back on themselves for the nostrils and bottom of the nose.
Easy Pitbull Face Drawing - Step 3
3. Sketch the dog's muzzle. Use curved lines for the sides of the snout and a wide, rounded "W" shaped line for the top of the mouth.
Easy Pitbull Face Drawing - Step 4
4. Continue to sketch the dog's face. Use a curved line to draw the lower portion of the mouth. Extend curved lines from each side of the muzzle to sketch the jaws. Then, begin drawing the side of the head, using a long curved line that overlaps the jaw.
Easy Pitbull Face Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the opposite side of the head, again using a curved line that overlaps the side of the jaw. Then, draw a squiggly line at the top of the head, leaving plenty of room to draw the ears.
Easy Pitbull Face Drawing - Step 6
6. Extend a long curved line from each side of the top of the head. These will become the dog's ears.
Easy Pitbull Face Drawing - Step 7
7. Complete each ear by drawing two curved lines in an inverted "Y" shape.
Add More Details to Your Pitbull Face Picture - Step 8
8. Detail inside the ears by drawing a series of short lines that meet at furry points. Then, draw curved lines above the eyes, contouring the lids and the dog's facial expression.
Complete the Outline of Your Pitbull Face Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your pitbull face outline by adding additional detail to the face. Contour the head with short lines near the top of the head, between the brows, and around the eyes.
Color Your Pitbull Face Drawing
Color your cartoon pitbull face. Ours is light brown (a color known as fawn), but pit bulls come in a variety of colors, including black, white, brindle (black and brown stripes), tan, brown, grey, blue (a very light gray), and red.
Some are spotted or marked with multiple colors.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Pitbull Face Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).