Learn how to draw a great looking Pug Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Pug Face.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Pugs are a popular dog breed known for their cute faces and fun-loving personalities. If you don't have a pet pug, a pug face drawing is just as good.
Just the name "pug" sounds funny, but nothing compares to a pug's friendliness and love for their guardians.
Many new dog guardians start with a pug because they're small and loveable. Their distinct colors and squashed faces make them instantly recognizable.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
While pugs love to play, they're not as hyperactive as other breeds. They get along with other dogs and people, so if you already have a dog in your house, a pug could become their new best friend.
Ask your parents if you can get your very own pug.
To draw a cartoon pug face, use a sharp pencil, then outline the entire drawing and use your favorite coloring tools.
This guide combines a cartoon style with realism so you can sharpen your drawing skills.
For more easy and fun guides, see the How to Draw the Cerberus or Sad Dog Drawing tutorials.
See also, Easy Steps for Drawing a Wolf Face.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Pug Face
How to Draw a Great Looking Pug Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Start with an uneven egg shape to the left like you're drawing a full-body pug. Add a circle inside this shape, then draw a smaller circle and color the shape around it. Sketch a loop above the eye.
Easy Pug Face Drawing - Step 2
2. Repeat the previous step, but flip the shapes like a mirror image.
Easy Pug Face Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a wide hill between the eyes, then add another loop above each eye. For the nose, start with a curve, then make two right angles that end in swirls.
Easy Pug Face Drawing - Step 4
4. Sketch a vertical line underneath the nose. Draw a large, uneven W-shape to start the mouth, then sketch curves to outline the folds of skin.
Easy Pug Face Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw an oval around your entire drawing. Use more curvy lines for the chin.
Easy Pug Face Drawing - Step 6
6. Use curves to complete the oval with sketchy lines on the top for the fur.
Easy Pug Face Drawing - Step 7
7. To outline the left ear, start with a few jagged lines for the fur, then make a horizontal curve and follow it with a vertical curve.
Bring up the line to make a loose, floppy triangle. Add a short line to connect the ear to the cartoon pug face.
Add More Details to Your Pug Face Picture - Step 8
8. Repeat the previous step. Flip the ear around like a mirror image.
Complete the Outline of Your Pug Face Drawing - Step 9
9. Add more loose, sketchy lines inside the pug face. For an extra detail, draw a dog bone or dog biscuit.
Color Your Pug Face Drawing
Finally, outline your entire cartoon in black. As you color your cartoon pug head, use tan for the face and brown for the nose, snout, ears and folds of skin around the eyes.
Add different shades for the shadows and highlights.
For more easy, cartoony drawing tutorials, see the collection of Step-by-Step Drawing Ideas for Cute Cartoons.
For all dog and canine drawings, see the Simple Steps to Draw Dogs page.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Pug Face Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).