Learn how to draw a great looking Pomegranate with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Pomegranate.
Give this pomegranate drawing a try with the help of an easy, step-by-step tropical fruit drawing tutorial.
How will you use your pomegranate drawing? Celebrate the season of plenty by adding it to this cornucopia drawing.
Or, you could use it to illustrate a menu or recipe card. Sometimes pomegranates are used to flavor tropical drinks like this one.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? Pomegranates appear in some of the most ancient artwork in the world. When you learn to draw one, you are following a long tradition.
The pomegranate is a round fruit, but it also has star-shaped elements. In the steps below, you will complete both a whole pomegranate fruit and a slice that has been cut away to reveal the arils inside.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Pomegranate
How to Draw a Great Looking Pomegranate for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the pomegranate outline by sketching the slice. Draw two long curved lines, connected at one end. Let them form a curved triangle shape, though they do not meet at the third point.
Easy Pomegranate Drawing - Step 2
2. Begin drawing the inner flesh of the fruit. Draw a long, scalloped line roughly parallel to the side of the triangular rind.
Easy Pomegranate Drawing - Step 3
3. Texture the rind with curved lines. Then begin drawing the arils - berry-like structures containing the seeds inside the pomegranate. Enclose many overlapping, oval-shaped arils.
Easy Pomegranate Drawing - Step 4
4. Continue to draw the oval-shaped arils, filling in the middle of the pomegranate slice.
Easy Pomegranate Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a few more arils on the slice. Conclude the far end of the rind with a "U" shaped line. Then, draw a nearly complete circle, partially hidden by the pomegranate slice. This will become the whole fruit.
Easy Pomegranate Drawing - Step 6
6. Begin drawing the calyx - the starburst-shaped structure where the flower used to be. First, draw several connected "V" shaped lines. Extend two curved lines below it. Draw another curved line between these, though not connecting them.
Easy Pomegranate Drawing - Step 7
7. Complete the starburst shape using a series of "V" shaped lines. Then enclose an irregular, cloudlike shape in the center of the starburst.
Add More Details to Your Pomegranate Picture - Step 8
8. Texture the irregular shape with short lines and the leathery skin of the fruit with long curved lines. Then, draw several individual arils in front of the fruit. For each, enclose a semicircular gumdrop shape.
Complete the Outline of Your Pomegranate Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw more arils alongside the previous. Texture the arils with curved lines indicating the seeds inside.
Your pomegranate outline is now complete.
Color Your Pomegranate Drawing
Color your cartoon pomegranate. We've shaded ours red inside and out. This is a common pomegranate color. The skin of different types of pomegranates can range from yellow-green to pink to dark red.
For more great fruit drawing tutorials, see the collection of Easy How to Draw Fruit Tutorials.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Pomegranate Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).