Learn how to draw a great looking Carrot with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Carrot.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Carrots are familiar both in the garden and on the dinner table. The carrot a vegetable cultivated for its starchy edible taproot. Its name is derived from a word meaning "horn," describing its shape.
The carrot was domesticated thousands of years ago from a wild variety known as Queen Anne's lace. At first, it was the aromatic greens and seeds that were used, as relatives such as anise and cilantro still are today. Domestic carrots are sweeter and less woody than their wild relatives
Did you know? Many people believe that eating carrots will improve your vision. While carrots are good for you - they're a rich source of vitamins K and B6, as wells as alpha and beta carotene - that they drastically improve vision is a myth.
This originated during World War II, when the British tried to hide certain technologies from the enemy by saying that they fed their soldiers carrots to improve their vision.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
In popular culture, the carrot is often seen in the hands of characters such as Bugs Bunny or as the nose of a snowman. DC Comics featured the anthropomorphic rabbit superhero Captain Carrot, who obtained his powers by eating a "cosmic carrot."
The term "carrot and stick" or "carrot on a stick" is a metaphor for combining a reward and punishment, or for unattainable rewards. Visually, this is often seen as a carrot dangling from a string at the end of a stick, in front of a working animal such as a donkey.
Would you like to draw a tasty carrot? Now you can, with the help of this simple, step-by-step drawing guide. All you will need is a pencil or pen and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Ginger Bread Cookie, Candy Cane, and Pie.
Step by Step Instructions for Drawing a Carrot
How to Draw a Great Looking Carrot for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a curved line like a downward facing letter "C." This outlines the top of the carrot.
Easy Carrot Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw several overlapping, curved lines on each side of the carrot.
Easy Carrot Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw additional curved, overlapping lines on each side of the carrot. Notice how the lines are now closer together than they were at the top of the vegetable.
Easy Carrot Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw more overlapping lines. The lines should converge until they finally meet at the pointed tip of the carrot.
Easy Carrot Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw curved lines crossing the carrot, some emerging from the sides and others independent. These add texture and depth to the root vegetable.
Easy Carrot Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a pair of curved, parallel, loosely "S" shaped lines emerging from the top of the carrot. Connect the lines at the end using a short line. This forms the first of the "greenery" at the top of the carrot.
Easy Carrot Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw another set of loosely "S" shaped lines, enclosed at the end using a short line. This forms more of the plant's stem as it would be seen above ground.
Add More Details to Your Carrot Picture - Step 8
8. Extend another set of curved lines from between the first two pieces of greenery. Enclose the shape using a short line. Draw one more set of lines in the remaining space, and enclose.
Complete the Outline of Your Carrot Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw curved lines along the length of the greenery, beginning at the base. This adds texture to the greenery.
Color Your Carrot Drawing
10. Color your carrot. Classically, most carrots are orange, but heirloom varieties may be red, yellow, or purple.
What's up, doc? Would you like to draw a rascally rabbit to eat this carrot? Check out our animal drawing guides,where you'll learn how to draw a rabbit and much more. Or, set the table and learn how to draw an apple, pineapple, cake, gingerbread cookie, candy cane, or pie.
For more great Things to draw tutorials, see the 100 Cute Things to draw Designs post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Carrot Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).