Learn how to draw a great looking Rainbow for Kids with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Rainbow for Kids.
Would you like to learn how to draw a rainbow for kids? This picture is super easy to draw. And it is fun, too!
Do you like to look for rainbows on a rainy day? Rainbows are a colorful weather phenomenon caused by raindrops bending the sun's rays.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know that you can create your own rainbow? One way is by using this drawing guide. You can also use a garden hose to spray water into the air (with your parent's permission, of course).
When the angle of the sun is just right, you will see your very own rainbow!
Are you ready to draw your rainbow? It is a good way to make the most of a rainy day. This easy, step-by-step cartoon rainbow drawing tutorial will help you master the rainbow for kids outline in no time.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Rainbow for Kids
How to Draw a Great Looking Rainbow for Kids for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
Easy Rainbow for Kids Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw more shrubbery on the horizon using a series of connected curved lines. Then, draw a tree towering above the rest. Extend a pair of lines for the trunk, and use a curved line to enclose the tree's crown.
Easy Rainbow for Kids Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw more trees on the horizon. Again, extend a pair of lines for the trunk, and use a curved line to enclose the tree's crown.
Easy Rainbow for Kids Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw two large "U" shaped lines to outline the rainbow. Draw the sun peeking out from behind it. Use a curved line to enclose the partial circle at the center of the sun.
Then, use a series of straight lines that meet at points to draw its zig zag-shaped rays.
Easy Rainbow for Kids Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw "U" shaped lines within the rainbow, parallel to the outer lines, to demarcate the different colors. Then draw a daisy flower growing on the hillside.
Start with an oval for the center of the flower, and "U" shaped lines for the petals. Draw a line below it to form the stem and a teardrop-shaped leaf on one side.
Easy Rainbow for Kids Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw another daisy on the hillside. Again, start with an oval for the center of the flower, and "U" shaped lines for the petals.
Nearby, draw a tulip using curved lines. Draw a line below each flower to form the stem, and a teardrop-shaped leaf on one side.
Easy Rainbow for Kids Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw more tulips and daisies. Again, use an oval and "U" shaped lines for the daisy and curved lines for the tulip. Then, draw a line below each flower to form the stem and a teardrop-shaped leaf on one side.
Add More Details to Your Rainbow for Kids Picture - Step 8
8. Draw another tulip, then some butterflies fluttering about. Use "U" shaped lines to form each of the butterflies' four wings.
Complete the Outline of Your Rainbow for Kids Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your rainbow for kids outline by drawing clouds in the sky. Use a straight line for the bottom of each cloud and a series of curved lines for the fluffy top.
Color Your Rainbow for Kids Drawing
Color your cartoon rainbow for kids. Do you know the order of the rainbow's colors? You can remember them with the made-up name Roy G. Biv. Each letter stands for a color.
Indigo (dark blue)
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Rainbow for Kids Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).