Learn how to draw a great looking Roses Doodle with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Roses Doodle.
Doodling can be fun! Would you like to learn how to draw a roses doodle? This easy, step-by-step flower drawing tutorial can help you quickly master the roses doodle outline.
You can use it to adorn your diary, notebook, or whatever you like.
For thousands of years, flowers have been a fixture in art. At times, flower motifs have been simple decorations because of the inherent beauty of the plants.
At others, they have had deeply symbolic meanings.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Flowers don't just appear in sculptures, paintings, and other works of fine art, however. They are also popular doodles when you're bored!
Did you know? "Doodling helps relieve boredom and frustration and the urge to doodle gets stronger as stress levels rise.
Doodling is like a safety valve that allows pressure to be dispelled in a playful and creative way." Some researchers even say that doodling helps you concentrate.
See also Step-by-Step Process of Drawing a Rose.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Roses Doodle
How to Draw a Great Looking Roses Doodle for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the roses doodle outline by sketching the first rose flower. First, draw a curved "Y" shaped line. This forms the overlap of the outer petals.
To one side, use overlapping curved lines to enclose the shape of another outer petal. Then, use more overlapping curved lines to enclose the shape of the flower bud around the "Y."
Easy Roses Doodle Drawing - Step 2
2. Add more details to your first flower. Draw a spiral line in the center, with wavy petals around it. Use wavy lines to enclose additional large outer petals.
Then, draw another rose as if you are looking down on it from the top. Start with a spiral line in the middle then draw additional petals around it.
Easy Roses Doodle Drawing - Step 3
3. Use overlapping curved lines to add more large outer petals to your second flower. Then, begin the third flower.
Use overlapping curved lines to begin sketching the petals. Do you notice the heart shape of one petal?
Easy Roses Doodle Drawing - Step 4
4. Complete the third rose flower. Use an irregular spiral line in the center, with overlapping curved lines enclosing the surrounding petals.
Then, sketch a rosebud above the other flowers. Use a "U" shaped line to trace the outline of the bud. Let the lines of the petal tip intersect the "U."
Easy Roses Doodle Drawing - Step 5
5. Complete the rosebud, using a spiral in the center and overlapping curved lines for the petals.
Easy Roses Doodle Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the fifth flower. Start with a "Y" shaped line in the center to indicate the overlapping outer petals. Then, use overlapping curved lines to trace the petal edges.
Easy Roses Doodle Drawing - Step 7
7. Complete the rose with a spiral line in the center and curved lines enclosing additional petals. Then begin sketching another rosebud.
Use a "Y" shaped line in the center to indicate the overlapping outer petals and surround the "Y" with a "U" shaped line and additional curved lines.
Add More Details to Your Roses Doodle Picture - Step 8
8. Complete the rosebud with a spiral line in the center and curved lines enclosing additional petals. Then, sketch a number of leaves all around the flowers.
Start with pairs of nearly parallel curved lines that meet at a point at one end. These indicate the leaf veins.
Around each of these narrow "V" shapes, draw two curved lines that meet at a point, outlining the edges of the leaves.
Complete the Outline of Your Roses Doodle Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your roses doodle outline by drawing additional small leaves. For some leaves, use a curved "V" for the vein; for others, use a simple line. Now you've got an entire rose bush!
Color Your Roses Doodle Drawing
Color your doodle of roses. We've colored our cartoon roses red. Can you create variations of this doodle to form the shape of a heart or make a border around your page? Try it out - be creative!
For more great Roses drawing tutorials, see the 50 Best Roses Drawing Tutorials post.
For more easy rose drawing tutorials, see the collection of 50 Easy Ways to Draw Roses.
For all flower drawings, see the Ideas to Help You Draw Flowers Quickly page.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Roses Doodle Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).