Create a wonderful Scared Face drawing with easy, step-by-step instructions and video tutorial. Great for kids and beginner artists!
Cartoons are one of the most versatile art forms. Once you've learned how to draw cartoon characters, you can draw comic strips, comic books, flip books and your favorite animated characters. You might even become a cartoonist or animator one day.
To draw cartoons, you'll need to learn how to draw different expressions. Cartoon characters have exaggerated expressions that show a lot of emotion on their faces.
Unlike traditional art, it doesn't have to be realistic--in fact, the more exaggerated, the better. Big, colorful expressions are funnier and convey more personality.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
This guide will teach you how to draw a scared cartoon face. Anything could have scared this person--a ghost, a spider or a haunted house. You can write your own stories about what scared this character or draw a comic strip about him. Give him a name that suits the character.
Start with pencils so you can erase the lines if you make any mistakes. All artists do, so it's nothing to be afraid of.
Afterward, outline your drawing in black, then color it in to make the cartoon character come to life. Once you've mastered this cartoon drawing, you can start practicing different expressions on your own.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Scared Face
1. Start with two slightly uneven oval shapes that look like eggs. Add small circles in the middle, then draw triangles over the eyes and fill them in.
2. Sketch curved lines to make the nose. Underneath, draw a curve with another curved line underneath like an upside-down orange slice.
3. Use wavy lines inside the mouth to make the teeth. Underneath the mouth, make four dashed lines.
4. Make two loops on either side of the head, then use identical curved lines to connect them to the neck.
5. Sketch broad V-shapes inside the ears. For the right side of the head, draw a straight line and add pointy shapes like blades of grass.
6. Draw an identical shape on the left, then add a curved line.
7. Sketch a similar curved line on the right, and use small dashes near the ears.
8. For the hair, start with three broad, swooping lines like ocean waves. Draw a curve upward, then sketch three pointed shapes like flames.
9. Continue with more sketchy, pointed lines. Make sure the lines are uneven.
10. Complete your drawing with a black pen or marker. You now have a cartoon scared face.
For the final touches, color the hair brown. Use different shades of brown to give the hair depth. Use dark-reddish brown for the inside of the mouth. Afterward, color the face with your favorite skin color.
Printable Drawing Tutorial
This printable is for members only. Join now!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).