Learn how to draw a great looking Schoolgirl with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Schoolgirl.
A schoolgirl is a girl who attends school. You can learn how to draw a schoolgirl with the help of this cute cartoon drawing tutorial.
Sometimes, the adjectives "girlish" or "schoolgirlish" are used to describe things that are childlike or immature.
In anime and manga, schoolgirls are often drawn wearing school uniforms. Many people like this style and dress up in it - even if they are no longer in school!
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? In some times and places, girls were not allowed to go to school, even if they really wanted to.
This is still true in some places today. Many activists work hard to win the right to go to school for these girls.
But in most parts of the world, girls are encouraged to learn all they can. In fact, more girls are needed in STEM education and careers - science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
What is your favorite subject in school? When you draw this schoolgirl, you can write the name of that subject on her book - it can be her favorite, too!
What would you like to draw next? See this post full of drawing ideas for kids.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Schoolgirl
How to Draw a Great Looking Schoolgirl for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by sketching the girl’s happy face. Use curved lines to draw her lips, nose, and eyebrows.
Enclose the rounded shapes of her eyes, slightly pointed at the corners. Then, shade a large circle within each eye to indicate the pupils.
Easy Schoolgirl Drawing - Step 2
2. Outline the girl’s face. Use overlapping curved lines to create her hair, and “C” shaped lines for the ears. Connect the sides of the face with a long, curved line. Detail the ears, tongue, and chin with short lines.
Easy Schoolgirl Drawing - Step 3
3. Use curved lines to outline the top of the girl’s head and the part in her hair. On each side of the head, enclose the round shape of a hair tie.
Then, use a series of curved lines to sketch each of the pigtails. Indicate the neck of her shirt using a “V” shaped line.
Easy Schoolgirl Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a book in the girl’s arm. Use curved lines for the shoulder, forearm, and hand. Then, outline the book. Use straight lines for three sides of it. Then, use curved lines to form the pages.
Easy Schoolgirl Drawing - Step 5
5. Complete the arm using a curved line, then sketch the remaining shoulder, arm, and hand.
Easy Schoolgirl Drawing - Step 6
Easy Schoolgirl Drawing - Step 7
7. Use curved lines to finish outlining the bag and texturing its folds. Draw a small oval on the front of it. Then, use curved lines to complete the outline of the girl’s shirt, including the shirt’s collar.
Add More Details to Your Schoolgirl Picture - Step 8
8. Use a series of curved lines to draw the girl’s skirt, scalloped at the bottom.
Then, begin sketching her legs and the irregular shape of her shoes. Draw a curved line across each leg to indicate the top of the socks.
Complete the Outline of Your Schoolgirl Drawing - Step 9
9. Texture the material of the skirt with vertical lines. Complete the outline of the remaining shoe. Then, detail the top of each shoe with a “U” shaped line and a pair of curved lines.
Color Your Schoolgirl Drawing
Color your cartoon schoolgirl.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Schoolgirl Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).