Learn how to draw a great looking Simple Cat with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Simple Cat.
Would you like to learn how to draw a simple cat? This easy, step-by-step cat drawing tutorial is here to show you how.
This cat is especially good for beginners because of its simple lines. But you can expand your skills by trying your hand at more difficult drawings.
For example, you can start with this easy cat face drawing to learn how to add details like stripes and whiskers.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Then, dry your hand at this funny cat in a box drawing. It is basically the same face but with paws and a tail added. You won't have to draw the body yet, because it is hidden in the rectangle-shaped box!
Finally, you can move on to drawing realistic striped cats like this orange tabby cat drawing. You will purr-fect your skills in no time!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Simple Cat
How to Draw a Great Looking Simple Cat for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the simple cat outline by drawing its eyes. For each eye, Use a curved line and a straight line to enclose a half-circle shape. Then, draw a curved line across each eye to indicate the iris and pupil.
Easy Simple Cat Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw an upside-down triangle below the eyes. This is the cat's nose. Below the nose, draw a rounded "W" shaped line to form the mouth.
Easy Simple Cat Drawing - Step 3
3. Next, begin sketching the cat's head. Use a long curved line for the bottom of the face, and shorter lines that give the head the double-pointed shape of a lemon. The points reflect the usual shape of the cat's fur.
Easy Simple Cat Drawing - Step 4
4. Use curved lines to enclose the triangle-shaped ears and connect them with a curved line at the base. Congratulations! Your cat's head is complete. Now, let's draw the body.
Easy Simple Cat Drawing - Step 5
5. Below the head, extend a long curved line and double it back on itself. This is the cat's first foreleg.
Easy Simple Cat Drawing - Step 6
6. Extend a curved line from the other side of the head and double it back on itself to form the second leg - a mirror image of the first.
Easy Simple Cat Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a curved line to enclose a round shape on the outer side of each leg. It should look as if a circle was hiding behind the cat's legs. These are the rear legs.
Add More Details to Your Simple Cat Picture - Step 8
8. Continue the line of the circle between the front legs to finish enclosing the body. Then, enclose a small half-circle at the bottom of each rear leg. These are the cat's feet.
Complete the Outline of Your Simple Cat Drawing - Step 9
9. Finally, draw the cat's tail. Extend a long curved line from the rear leg and double it back on itself. The doubled-back portion of the line should run parallel to the first half.
Color Your Simple Cat Drawing
Your simple cat outline is now complete. Color your cartoon cat. We've shaded ours black with a pink nose and yellow eyes.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Simple Cat Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).